Various fixes bring 4G back to HTC Sensation 4G after Ice Cream Sandwich update wpes it out
0. phoneArena 17 May 2012, 12:28 posted on
The Android 4.0 update for the HTC Sensation 4G not only brought Ice Cream Sandwich to the device, but also took away 4G connectivity for some users; there are a few quick fixes that will return 4G connectivity to the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
ah the lovely carrier updates..... you're holding it wrong
2. dcgore (Posts: 206; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Wow, that sux. If there's anything Apple does great is software updates.
4. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Um, what? Their software updates have caused massive problems before, with new issues never encountered by the user
3. skymitch89 (Posts: 1063; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Actually, turning mobile networks off and back on is basically the same thing as turning on airplane mode and turning it back off, except airplane mode turns off all network connections but turning off mobile networks only turn off data. I'm sure that this will require a software update, but it'll probabaly take upwards of a month to come through (like the MMS fix for the Evo Shift after it got updated to 2.3).
5. sprockkets (Posts: 1200; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Weird, no issues here. so much for testing?
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
That's my worst nightmare whenever I update the OS on my phone.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm still connected to 4G but have noticed the signal strength is a lot lower than it was before...
Other than that this update is perfect.