Value for money: Apple iPhone 5c pricing stacked up against the competition (not pretty)
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2013, 03:19 posted on
The basic 16 GB iPhone 5c will sell for $99 on a two-year contract, and the whopping $549 unsubsidized. A quick look at both subsidized and unsubsidized prices of current Android and Windows Phone handsets is enough to gauge why Apple's shares slipped more than 5% yesterday. Let's see what handsets you can get at, above, or below the iPhone 5c price tag...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Apple is just retarded for those prices. I'll take anyone of those phones over the 5C.
35. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
The only real competition for iPhone 5C is HTC One mini and Nokia lumia 925. I have to agree with you about the off contract price but the on contract price is good.
79. lalalaman (Posts: 469; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
i will take s3 or lumia 925 anytime....if i had money :D
82. FCB-Eto (Posts: 30; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Really well i would think the xperia zr is better competition for the 5c than the one mini phone arena is just bias the zr is the best mini phone on the market and that's a fact.
86. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
agree with you. zr is better than xperia z imo with longer battery life because it's only 720p but still easier to use and waterproof, not only water resistant
91. lalalaman (Posts: 469; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
4.7 inch and it is mini???Xperia M and L should b called mini phones IMO
bt ur rite that zr should b on that list :)
107. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
mini=smaller version whatever size it is as long as it is smaller than the previous...
81. akki20892 (Posts: 3744; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
just think about iphone 5s price............................1000$ up
106. akki20892 (Posts: 3744; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
what u think i'm talking about to buy.
i don't even want to look and touch that iphone.
2. panjgoori (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
don't know why phonearena hates Samsung and sony so much. In what aspects iPhone 5C is better than Galaxy S3 and Xperia Z ?
22. sniperdroid (Posts: 141; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Wow! Worse is a pretty strong word you should use terms like 'slightly better'. Either way I'd take the S3, the Z and the P6. I'm still not a fan of windows phone but if they get the full windows desktop version to work on the phone I'd definitely get one.
93. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1682; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hey its Samsung hater legend, what happened to your old screen name LOL
104. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I prefer god , so I deleted my account and created a new one . Tried some names like fuxker.sunofabeach and moderators.fuxkoff but my accounts got banned a day after creation
The only Samsung device I like is Galaxy s2 and Galaxy s4 Google edition .
34. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 282; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Better optimised OS, physical phone looks better and the App Store. You're welcome..
66. tedkord (Posts: 6230; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, those Fisher Price colors sure do look better. Not only are they copying all the features from other operating systems, now they're copying Nokia's shells.
98. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1820; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Wow, IOS 7 is not even live and you know it's better optimized. Ever tried IOS 7 beta? I did and it sucks.
And anyone of those phones look better than a 5c.
Appstore is a plus? lol some apps might be better on iphone, but the playstore is catching up quickly. Besides, appstore wont allow wifi sniffers, so that sucks.
100. Trololol (Posts: 33; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
wogh.. calm down boy. let see when ios7 comes out and you just tried beta version
catching up because to many phones running android os and will take more time and more update to optimize it
108. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
apps are all the same, It depends on the gadget how it runs well... =)
52. HalaMadrid (Posts: 92; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Not a hater of Sony but xperia z display is worst
55. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
No one hates Sony. Infact I love Sony for creating xperia Z1 and the Z ultra. But then xperia Z is pathetic.
118. SonyCraperiaSucks (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Xperia Z1 and ZU is basically a slightly better version of the Z but still utilises that ugly design and a poor screen...Sony=Bad
121. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Trilumimous is awesome
Saw the Sony VAIO Pro , XZU screen ? Nice
62. raghu67 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
S3 was one of the best camera phones and even topped iPhone 5 in the camera tests... this was in 2012
come to 2013.... the same old iPhone 5 in a new plastic body is way better than S3...
WOW.... what a difference in just 1 year..
96. Kishin (Posts: 691; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Hey the xperia Z beats iphone 5c in everyway
3. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 282; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Ummm nope, none of those phones float my boat..
19. E.N. (Posts: 2486; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I guess I'd take either the iPhone 5C or the HTC One mini.
The iPhone 5 goes head to head with the Galaxy S IV and suddenly putting a plastic back makes it comparable to the Galaxy S3?? Don't think so.
44. blingblingthing (Posts: 476; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
The iPhone 5 goes head to head with the S4.........?
Is it price wise you are talking about because I doubt you are suggesting features.
46. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1719; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Agree. iPhone 5S or 5C have no real update from the 5. SGS4 has more feature that iPhone 5 has. Even thought personally I wouldn't pick up neither of those phone. I'm still rocking the good old Nexus 4 and I think it is basic and awesome. However, I am waiting for the Nexus 5 to come out so I can compare that to the Z1. I just want a phone that is waterproof... XD
64. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 282; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Had enough of my S4, too much bloatware and slow to update (apparently the S3 is still on 4.1??). Enjoyed the Nexus 4 and if i ever go back to Android i'll be back with the Nexus line. I just think the Google Play store is awful, getting better, but still awful. The App Store is one of the main reasons i'll be staying with iOS going forward.
109. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
dude just take care, you'll gonna blow you head with those rooted androids...
114. E.N. (Posts: 2486; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
The Galaxy S4 has the most useless features, terrible design, most saturated screen, laggiest Android device of 2013, poorly constructed and ugly skin and also has poor build materials, even worse than that of the 5C (according to reviewers). The only thing positive I can say about the phone is it has a great camera.
I'm sure that you can make your own list of complaints about the iPhone 5, but the iPhone 5 is a much better buy than the GS3, with or without plastic on its back.
67. tedkord (Posts: 6230; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The iPhone 5 barely went head to head with the Galaxy S3.
89. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
iPhone5 was a direct competitor of the GS3, and so will be the 5c.
S4 can handle blows with the current top dogs(G2, One, Z1 etc) and the 5s is meant to compete with these
115. E.N. (Posts: 2486; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
People are still buying the iPhone 5 over the S4 as is.
5. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
i have my own theories on what the 'S' and the 'C' stand for. Typing them here would probably get me banned. But i bet we're all thinking the same thing
10. cosimonh (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Apr 2013)
Same or Superior
Cheap or China or Colorful
25. robocopvn (Posts: 275; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
S = Shame
C = Cheat people who wait for 1 year and wanna buy cheaper Iphone5 (discontinued)
72. tedkord (Posts: 6230; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
S = Sushi
C = Chirashizushi
Now I'm hungry.
94. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1682; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Haha.....NO! What does that make the 3GS and 4S then? Sure as hell aint secure. iOS has been hacked easier and faster than any other OS at all the conventions.
6. Akfred (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
The Sony Xperia z camera is way better now after the 4.2.2
Update from Sony, so pls PA do ur camera test comparison
Again, its way better than iphone 5s and 5c in every aspect.
21. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 812; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
s**tty viewing angles, not so great screen, laggy at times, waterproof wears out after months of use cause the heat of the phone makes some glue get unstick etc. Iphone 5/5C has amazing screen(still the best colours presentation than any phone), amazing viewing angles, doesnt lag. Yeah Z is amazing compared to 5C if you are android sheep.
23. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1563; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Iphones are still using old-school specs and hardware. Can't compare these with early 2013 flagships.What is amazing about the iphone is how Apple manages to fool the sh££p into buying it.
28. Trololol (Posts: 33; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
but with old-school specs and hardware it can handle any games smoothly than android :)
42. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1563; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Only games with low quality graphics.