VIDEO: Motorola DROID X Android 2.2 update is now live!
The Android 2.2 update is now live and can be installed on your DROID X by clicking on the System Updates in the About Phone menu. The download is 67MB. Let us know what you think of the update once you get it installed!
Our Motorola DROID X is now up and running with Android 2.2. Check out the video for the steps to update your DROID X and what some of the new features are.
One NEW feature that is undocumented with the 2.2 update for the DROID X is that 720p videos are now recorded at 30FPS and with Stereo Sound, where before it was limited to 23-24FPS and with Mono Sound.
Source: Verizon Wireless
Motorola DROID X Review | Specifications
1. BlackberryUser posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:48 0
I hope they had a good source for manual update, because I know it didn't work on the Incredible.
20. Droid X fan (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 10:35 0
Just for s and g, I tried at 10am and got it!!! So far, so FANTASTIC!!!!
31. shl615 posted on 24 Sep 2010, 12:26 0
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME what is the clock widget he is using on the main home screen in the video??
33. PhoneArena Team posted on 24 Sep 2010, 15:12 0
It's called Beautiful Widgets and you can download it from the Android Market.
5. mr. droid posted on 21 Sep 2010, 18:57 0
was it the original droid? (the black motorola droid..) you would not be the first person to have that happen. i know of a couple personally that had the phone crash pretty much completely when the update came through.
6. tuminatr posted on 21 Sep 2010, 19:30 0
known problem if you were charging your droid when you did the upgrade it nuked the phone
7. cellgeek82 posted on 21 Sep 2010, 19:49 0
yes it was the original Droid. And it was awesome at 2.0 but now at 2.2 it sucks bad!
9. tuminatr posted on 21 Sep 2010, 20:26 0
i have the original droid with the latest frg22 software its real nice! big improvement over the 2.0 or 2.1 software
21. Frump (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 12:01 0
Junked mine too. PC/USB cord was plugged in :( I didn't see anything in the instructions about not having it plugged in.
23. cellgeek82 posted on 22 Sep 2010, 14:43 0
I've been telling ppl that my device honestly crapped out and I keep getting negative feedback because they think I'm just a hater. I'm not, I just know a software problem when I see it. And when a device a wonderful when I buy it but is all glitchy and slow later on...hey, I didn't make the upgrades, Google did and they should fix it.
10. jaydw (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 00:15 0
Downloading it now!
11. DroidXWins (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 00:20 0
Downloaded it and have been running it for about an hour. Works great! Made a fast phone even faster :) Great work, android, Verizon, and moto!
12. Thump3rDX17 posted on 22 Sep 2010, 00:31 0
well i got it on my dad's Droid X and it had some boot lag for the first hour but now it's running great, i can't really notice a whole lot since i use the Droid 2 and i'm used to it, just that it's big.
13. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 22 Sep 2010, 00:32 0
The funny thing is, I had the leaked 2.2 on my droid x then converted back to 2.1 and its EXACTLY the same as the leaked version. I don't like how weak the vibrate touch is while typing and scrolling left to right on a website is really slow and annoying. It doesn't feel right at all, sure flash is nice but overall I dislike 2.2 on the droid x.
14. hux (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 01:42 0
Just downloaded 2.2 on my droid x and the speaker volume has drastically improved and has flash 10.1 so far so good.
37. I have a Life (unregistered) posted on 25 Sep 2010, 19:54 0
I'm happy for your 10.1, now will everyone else find a girlfriend, if you still remember what a female loos like !! GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!
15. yousuck (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 02:21 0
Scrolling trough websites suck big time. I have it for about 2h so far so good.
17. droid dad (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 03:55 0
speed is good but lock screen still has lag! drives me nuts!
24. cellgeek82 posted on 22 Sep 2010, 14:48 0
See, this is what I've been saying (see above). Be careful because fanboys will give you negative feedback if you talk negative to the all so wonderful Android. I like what works best. I used to dislike the iPhone but now I'm considering it now that my Droid has been casterated.
16. v2.2v (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 03:54 0
2.2 didnt help volume at all
19. VZ Info (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2010, 04:29 0
tem_update/droid_x.pdffor people who wonder what this update is supposed to mainly enhance/fix/update (do keep in mind mini bug/updates are most likely not on this list)
25. mr. droid posted on 22 Sep 2010, 17:23 0
it was just the droid. other phones are not affected. infact, it seems like your droid was an isolated case incident. not everyone that updated their droid (A855) had this issue.
26. dklj (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2010, 11:14 0
I agree 1ghz and 2.2=laggy combo..2ghz and 2.2 froyo makes things znippy and easier to use quickly
27. shl615 posted on 23 Sep 2010, 15:24 0
What is the widget you are using in the video to display time and weather on the main home screen?
29. ccarrier012 posted on 23 Sep 2010, 21:13 0
Wow, 11/22/10. I didn't know that it was November already, how time goes by so quickly...
32. mr. droid posted on 24 Sep 2010, 14:36 0
flash 10.. flash 10.1.. what the hell!! you need to download an app for flash 10.1.. (granted it is free) that is kind of stupid.
34. LordZoid posted on 24 Sep 2010, 19:03 0
Well, I got my X some time in Aug. and my first phone died on me in the middle of a conversation. Would not power back on, tried everything I could think of. In retrospect, when I first got it, I noticed how warm the back would get at times. I thought this was because I work in a floor that is "ground level" and has alot of RF around. So coverage is spotty at places. The fact that it was searching for a signal ate up the power, thus heat. IC circuits and heat don't go well together. When Verizon replaced phone the new one runs alot cooler. I'm downloading the new 2.2 update tonight. Hope it does not crash this one. I do like the phone. Coming from a Windows phone for a few years to the Android was a welcome change. So far so good.
35. SanDiablo (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2010, 20:20 0
Hey Guys I've tried to do the update on my Droid X but it does let me do it and displays "update not available at this time" and i did not even get a update notification. I there something wrong with my firmware?
36. calcal (unregistered) posted on 25 Sep 2010, 12:37 0
this update slowed my droid x way down :(
38. dannyboy2110 posted on 27 Sep 2010, 07:41 0
the only problem that i have notice so far for me is i can't disable the slider lock screen and have just the pattern lock screen. You either have to have the slider and the pattern, just the slider or non at all. on 2.1 i had just the pattern which is what i wish i could still have.