User satisfaction poll winner in the U.S. is the Motorola ATRIX HD
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2013, 18:08 posted on
320,000 smartphone owners in the U.S., U.K, France, Germany, Japan and Indonesia were asked how satisfied they are with their current smartphone and off the 93,825 asked in the U.S.,the Motorola ATRIX HD came away with the hifghest score; Motorola was also represented by the Motorola DROID M which finished second...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Aeires (unregistered)
Didn't see that coming.
4. jroc74 (Posts: 3985; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Really surprised at Moto having such a strong showing. I didnt really keep up with the Atrix HD. And in brand preference Moto over HTC, Nokia and Samsung? Almost 94,000 ppl surveyed...
Nice to see Moto still has a loyal following. They really do make nice phones.
35. MrJerry (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
But it didn't not mention how many users were questioned in each phones
What if there were only 100 Motorola ATRIX HD users out of 93,825?
Is that really reliable data?
39. jroc74 (Posts: 3985; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I agree...someone at another site mentioned the GS3 not in the chart, but the Rezound is. I said maybe not enough GS3 owners took the survey.
Whatever the case.....there are still some Moto fans out there.
45. MrJerry (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I am sure there were enough GS3 owners questioned as they are almost everywhere in the world...the same goes to Iphones
But Motorola ATRIX HD?
Well If I found an application what I need with 4.7 rating out of 5 by 20 users... I dont buy it cause I just cant' trust it yet
But 4.5 rating by 2,000 users?
Yes.. why not believe it?
22. ajac09 (Posts: 1212; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
wow. Most people I know with the atrix HD hate it and have to keep going back to AT&T with it
34. wendygarett (unregistered)
Old device / mid low range device tend to have higher satisfaction than flagship... I said it before and I say it again...
These user tend to have more positive view toward their device, and lags are not deal breaker to them at all... Because they bought it cheap, they expect these happen, whereas the old device, of course they stay high satisfaction, will you happy that your device can stay healthy and running like a champ?
why flagship user not happy? Because they expect too much, afraid of obselete, and they always keep purchase the highest spec every time and end up being spec slave...
Why change your device when android is already perfect? Why being so slavery towards spec?
36. wendygarett (unregistered)
Also, it's not about spec, it's about build quality design... How can the iPhone5 get that high satisfaction when it has very poor build quality and 5 years ago design? It doesnt deserves the top 5 :(
just be honest when you do the satisfaction survey ifans :(
41. jsdechavez (Posts: 676; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree. Those impractical, specs-crazy c*nts get unbearable too often, trolls included. Sorry 'bout the language. Just saying..
53. lance.armstrong (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
WELL IF THEY ONLY TOOK SURVEYS FROM ABOUT 2 PEOPLE THAT BOUGHT THE PHONE AND THAN ASKED THEM HOW THEY LIKED OF COURSE THEY WOULD SAY THEY LOVED IT. BESIDES LIKE ALL ANDROID PHONES THE POS WAS PROBABLY FREE AND THE SALES PEOPLE WERE GRINNING AT THE DUM9 CUSTOMER WHO WENT IN AND GOT IT OFF THEIR DUSTY SHELF.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why r u constantly looking to attack the iPhone? It's like in elementary school where the little boy always bothers the girl he actually likes. Hmmmmmm
18. androidfurever (banned) (Posts: 48; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's an outdated POS that the sheep will always buy.
21. networkdood (Posts: 5552; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Dark, I see you on here quite a bit with your iPompoms on. You seem to always be excited when an article favors apple. I do not understand fanboyism, especially when it clouds judgment.
25. androidfurever (banned) (Posts: 48; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
He's definitely the biggest fanboy on this site.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wow! I'm definitely the biggest fanboy on this site? LMAOOOOO!!! Ok if u say so... I just wonder why u constantly attack the iPhone, no matter what the article is about. Can u please b intelligent, and mature for one sec, and just explain why u attack the iPhone like u do? Please let's just chat like adults for a sec? Is that ok with u?
28. androidfurever (banned) (Posts: 48; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'll have an adult conversation with you when you start spelling like an adult.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol ok I see where you are at with this, so I promise you this will be my last post/response to you. I meant no disrespect, and please do me the favor and don't comment on mine.
43. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I'm lol'ing, rofl'ing, and LAWWWWLLLLZZZZIIIIIIGGG
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Network tech wise the most excitement I had this year was when I snagged my note 2 to b honest. I'm primarily an iOS user, but I felt that device was way more innovative than my ip5. The ip5 is still my go to device due to my being more deeply vested in the iOS Eco system. To respond to your statement tho I'm not a fanboy, just a user of iOS and android.
31. androidfurever (banned) (Posts: 48; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The Note 2 is for sure an amazing device. I prefer Nexus's (Nexi?) myself, and I'll respect that about using an iPhone, as long as you're not using it because "Ooo shiny Apple logo". What do you think of the Xperia Z?
3. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 487; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I know it will never happen but I would have loved to have seen a Motorola Windows Phone.....Oh the pain....the pain.
5. jroc74 (Posts: 3985; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
A Moto WP or Nokia WP would be the only ones I would get.
12. BattleBrat (Posts: 885; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Sony and HTC have great build quality too, the Titan 1 was a work of art, very highly rated on att's website when it was carried too.
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Another myth broken to pieces!!
Clearly - Android leads the way even in the user satisfaction category.
I get shivers thinking what Google and Motorola are capable of creating together
7. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
The atrix hd has bad battery life but despite that is a very good phone, running jelly bean, with kevlar back, hd screen, water repelent nano coating. And quite cheap since it's launch.
17. ZayZay (Posts: 548; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
not a thumbs down but I will have to disagree. When the phone first came out, yes horrible battery life I hated it. Ever since a few updates since September and even better now with Jelly Bean it lasts as long as most phones with regular use. I have to hand it to Motorola, I never thought their phones were good. This phone is is swinging me a different way though.
54. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
well i'm happy to hear that, I have a razr hd and battery life rocks. Based on your comment and this poll I'm starting to consider buying an atrix hd for my girlfriend.
8. BattleBrat (Posts: 885; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
A friend of mine (on verizon) just blew his upgrade cause he lost his phone, he bought an ancient HTC running Gingerbread it is black 3.7"ish screen and sorta looks like a mini rezound it is 3g only, I told him to return it and get the RAZR M i'll pay the $50, now I'll show him this!
44. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
2 things for your friend
1. Always install an app that helps you track your phone back, its a lifesaver
2. Never go for the cheap crap, sometimes an amazing phone is just 50 bucks away
59. Sniggly (Posts: 6495; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Sounds like the Incredible 2. What f**kwit sold him that phone?
60. BattleBrat (Posts: 885; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
He killed his unlimited data plan doing it too i was going to give him my razr when i upgraded..
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm not surprised. Moto makes a very good device, build quality is renowned. It just seems like in the android world moto is kinda forgotten due to Sammy, and Htc.
23. networkdood (Posts: 5552; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Good point, dark....I am not buying moto again unless it comes with an unlockable boot loader, other than that, they make great phones.
24. networkdood (Posts: 5552; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I greened you up, dark, for your good comments
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx network. I thought moto generally came with an unlocked boot loader?
40. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Moto usually has locked/encrypted bootloaders. Developers need to use kexec exploits to make custom ROMs and kernels.
32. metalmaniac (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 May 2011)
Those thumbs down were unjustified, I think your comment was unbiased and to the point.
33. metalmaniac (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 May 2011)
The only problem with previous motorola devices is that they stopped supporting the software upgrades, and leaves a bad taste, I for one have a Photon 4G, nice phone, looked promising, but the lack of software upgrades made it outdated very quickly.
19. networkdood (Posts: 5552; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have the droid RAZR which is similar and I agree that the phone has been excellent, except for the locked BL, which is more of a vzw issue.
55. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I don't know on the cdma version but it's quite the same than the gsm version, where it has been bypassed by developers through a hack
38. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
If motorola would launch the motorola X on Every Carrier they would become a big contendor this year. Ive had every verizon phone have the dna now. Im positive When it comes to internet speed and signal it goes Motorola, HTC, Nokia, LG, The dead last Sammy. If motorola Made a Nexus or a motoblur phone you could unlock they would be #1 without a doubt.
42. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Now people wonder why I like Motorola? Hardware feels great, battery is good, only problem where updates and some software but with the recent changes blur is nearly as great as stock Android... I can't wait to see the Motorola X phone :D
Also updates are improving greatly too
46. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
As a photon owner and someone who sells cell phones, I can tell you Motorola is garbage. It doesn't stack up ti Samsung or HTC. My phone is slow and crashes far more than my wifes old HTC Thunderbolt. Not to mention the picture quality on Motorola phones are poor at best.
Generally speaking though when I see an old person with a cell phone its either an iPhone or a Motorola Android. To them its probably great.
Oh yeah we've had numerous defective ATRIX HDs. Perhaps at an alarming rate for the phone.
47. jroc74 (Posts: 3985; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
When you said the T Bolt was more reliable than the Photon....I almost stopped reading....
There are numerous ppl that switched from an HTC or Samsung to the Photon...and were happy.
49. jroc74 (Posts: 3985; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
And about old people liking an iPhone or Motorola Android. Guess why ppl switched from HTC or Samsung to the Photon....reception.
Thats not an old ppl thing....thats ppl that want their phone to work good as a phone.
Features, specs....yea HTC and Samsung always seem to be one step ahead of Motorola. Over all reliability, phone features....Moto is hard to beat.
51. BattleBrat (Posts: 885; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Most of the other RAZRs I've seen were bought by 20 something chicks that thought it was better looking than the iPhone
48. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5648; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why u think I didn't bother buying this one? If Verizon hadn't had all the RAZR exclusives on their line up. I would buy the RAZR HD if it was on AT&T. Just glad I never bought it weak battery life and it's nother compare to the RAZR M OR RAZR HD OR MAXX. Piece of crap phone
50. jrparnell1977 (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
I just bought the Atrix HD last week. It may not be as fancy as the Note 2, S3 or iphone 5, but i actually like it a lot. Of course I didn't have it before all of the updates, but my battery life and the phone itself works excellent. Also, I really like the hardware and the way the phone is shaped in the back. Each person has their preference, but we shouldn't bash each other.
56. alterecho (Posts: 975; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Yeah. Motorola Atrix HD >> Samsung S3/note 2 in terms of build. Period. I prefer the design of RAZR M though. Amazed at how they reduced the size of a 4.3 inch screen with the edge to edge design. It's well deserved.
52. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Wow, that was unexpected. First off, the Rezound having a better satisfaction rating than Samsung or Apple, and then Motorola rules them all?