Upgraded flash in the iPhone 5S rumored again, the iPad 5 to come in an ultra compact body
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2013, 05:20 posted on
The source also mentions that the prototype chassis for the iPad 5, which is expected to arrive in the fall, is so compact and bezel-less on the sides, that it could only use one of the thin and frugal IGZO displays of Sharp, so an improved battery life and/or smaller battery to fit in the compact body can be expected as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
It doesn't matter what will Apple name his device, coz I'm gonna get it and name it iSunday anyway...
just like I named my iPhone 5 iSaturday :)
7. flower99 (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
wendy i must say, you are the funniest hilarious troll i have ever met in my life... keep up the good work!!!
9. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
good one. You deserve my dislike ^^
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Thank you bro ^^
15. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
no need to thank you deserve it mate ^^
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
people don't care about these minor changes. they want a real change in design and specs.
23. cheetah2k (Posts: 1126; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Apple are just reacting to Sony's Z phones and tablets.. Amazing that Sony is now the benchmark...
3. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Maybe just rumours at current time but let's face it its probably 100% accurate, we should not expect anything else more from the next iphone other than a better camera and slightly better proccessor and a tradutional 's' slapped to the end of the iphone 5 name to make it on paper look like apple released a new phone
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 15245; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not much more needed for an already great device. I'd still like to see a UI refresh though.
6. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
What do you think of the HTC Au Infobar A02 recently unveiled in Japan. I know it looks quite complicated to use but i have to admit i'm a sucker for the fancy look aspect. With Johnny Ive at the helm we may see a radical overhaul or just big improvements over a relatively unchanged IOS 7.
11. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Not much more needed for the iSheep sect members to bend over and donate their cash to apple once again, you mean.
5. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
small changes again? I like apple but come on! they need to have something ground breaking!!! iPhone with taller screen is a good addition but the UI is what I'm looking forward to! about that camera, why not use xenon flash?
8. flower99 (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
the ipad mini has envolved into ipad math :)
16. Joker (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
There won't be any major changes to the hardware and software unless stocks dipped below 300
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1389; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I wonder...Why is this counted as news?
1) We know for sure Apple is not going for a major redesign for the 5S (ok, no redesign, I over-exaggerated)
2) Really? Slimming down, how is that news? It's expected, it shouldn't be a big whoop that they could slim it down, it should be a disappointment if they don't. (Well, considering how the new iPad got fatter from the iPad 2, I guess it's news for iFans)
Anyway, we know Apple's game plan, "Never change anything if it's still selling well", and so far Apple is still dominating the market with about 40%+/- (Apple VS Samsung/Sony/etc. not iOS vs Android), so why would they bother to give a major change that would ultimately cost more to make and cut their profit margins?
19. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
iphones less or moar were the best till the 4, nowadays, steve is gone, and cook does what he wants, and now apple is stuck in mid-2012 (s3+jb > i5)
13. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
If they do release these, they need to at least update iOS, then I would consider maybe getting the iPhone +
14. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
next story please...
17. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 485; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
That "blue LED" thingy is something..
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Seriously this is news? A upgraded flash? Can do better than that
22. ZeroCide (Posts: 721; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Come on this is big news. This is inspirational, revolutionary, (insert other colorful adjectives here) apple innovation.
20. TechDork (Posts: 260; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Why not change the rounded square of the home button to the apple logo? Seems like something they would add to a new design. As far as colors, add at least a Blue & Red. Now, when it comes to an entire design overhaul........they need some inspiration from somewhere. If they were going to do an aluminum unibody, they should've made it all aluminum and not alum/glass. I don't know....do something....LOL. They already snagged some of Android, take some more.
21. GeekMovement (Posts: 1914; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Apple can't do anything by themselves can they? No. Now that they stopped using Samsung's technology, they are now depending on Sony's technology. Xperia Z will always be better though.