Upgraded Galaxy S5 and LG G3 models with Snapdragon 805 CPU launching soon, claims Korean media
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2014, 06:15 posted on
Korean media is reporting that we will see upgraded Galaxy S5 and LG G3 handset just in time for the 225Mbps LTE network rollout on the main local carriers. These might very well be the rumored Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F and upgraded G3 we've been hearing about for months now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Does this mean that all future Samsung and LG flagship phones are just S5 and G3 with monthly incremental specs increase?
5. CoastCity (Posts: 247; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Since we hear before that S5 Prime/F goes for September and LG is " concentrated on the existing G3 for the moment" early adopters from both side will not be pissed at all. A matter to be pissed on G3's is the screen's bad sunlight legibility. I'd rather had it with 1080p and better sunlight legibility.
7. vincelongman (Posts: 4241; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Exactly, its the S5/G3 won't suddenly stop working once the Prime models are out
Also last year Samsung release the S4 LTE-A with the newer S800, so people shouldn't be too surprised
8. 3rdDegree (Posts: 213; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I have one and the sunlight legibility is actually fine. Don't judge until you've experienced it first hand.
11. CoastCity (Posts: 247; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Just click expandhttp://tinyurl.com/q4wupef
I wanted that phone, then I saw that deal breaker (too much sun in my country)
13. techperson211 (Posts: 1185; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
And they say 6 months cycle for Sony is bad.
26. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
no your mother is the queen of my dreams :)
9. Gamas_K (Posts: 70; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Well, the LTE-A Galaxy S5 is just only a galaxy s5 with SD805, and LTE-A G3 is just a G3 with SD 805
14. kanagadeepan (Posts: 920; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
True for G3, but NOT so in S5 case as there is resolution bump expected from 1080p to QHD...
10. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Stupid companies. At least they should have not released g3 so soon,its Still not available everywhere but they're planning to get a new one. It would have been better if they prolonged the launch and keep the leaks flooded with 805,because fans would have waited anyhow.
12. Bedz81 (Posts: 83; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
They should do this with the G Pro 2 at least
15. brasstax (Posts: 283; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I know this is off topic, but what about flgship phablets? LG is already done for this year with the G Pro 2 & the Note 4 will be out in Sep/Oct. But what about Sony & HTC? There have been no indications of either company rekeasing a successor to the Z Ultra or the One Max. Have they given up on phablets? So are we going to see flagship phablets from only 2 global brnds henceforth, namely LG & Samsung. Maybe 3 if Appke 5.5" phablet rumours turn iut true.
20. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
I think LG could still release a phablet this year under their Vu line. Not sure if there are any leads on that
18. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
This is why iPhones will be a better buy because they don't make u feel stupid after buying it days later because a new model with newer specs is released at least they wait a full year
23. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
And then start copying features from android & make new versions of iOS.
25. willard12 (Posts: 1621; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
If you feel stupid because a manufacturer releases a new model then you have mental issues that goes beyond phones. A galaxy s5 bought yesterday will work the exact same way tomorrow when a new version is released. If you were happy yesterday then a new release shouldn't matter. However, if you do have a psychological problem that forces you to keep up with the Joneses, carriers created Jump and Next just for you. See, problem solved.
19. Seattletech (Posts: 54; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Samsung with a 5.3" qhd screen in a slim body might have the upper advantage against the overgrown G3.
LG should continue to produce the g2 with a minor bump G2S proc and updated os and sell that a value price.
21. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I don't care about how people are trying to explain why this cycle is a bad practice. Bringing an upgraded spec variant is totally not new. The S4 had a SD800 variant too. However, what I would like to care is how LG distributes this variant. The S4 SD800 version were only available on their Homeland and we had to buy the bad exynos versions. I think it's safer to wait though. . .
24. pego99 (Posts: 86; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
The iPhone 6 will leave these phones in the dust come September,