Upgrade to a new Samsung smartphone and get paid for your old device
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:46
Samsung is willing to take your old smartphone off your hands after you purchase one of their new models; you might get more money for that old clunker by selling it yourself, but Samsung is willing to pay you up to $300 depending on the old unit's condition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. EdwardFDU3 posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:53 6
not sure if samsung are crazy rich or just being stupid
4. sorcio46 posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:54 16
And more important... Why are you posting s**t son?
28. TortillaSlap posted on 05 Aug 2012, 13:06 0
why is that crazy?
They give you $100 bux for your old SGS1, and you go buy an SGS3. They keep their customers and they still made money. They still charge the carriers 500-600+ for an SGS3 regardless of what the carrier sells it at. They may not make as much money this way, but anyone that is on the fence between a new SGS3 or an iphone or any other phone might be more likely to go SGS3 with this incentive, so its actually more money, not less since they are getting customers they might not have gotten before.
8. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 04 Aug 2012, 21:16 2
More like crazy like a fox.
16. wendygarett posted on 04 Aug 2012, 23:43 8
It would be much better that give us the ics update because some people prefers its own old classic phone...
20. Mxyzptlk posted on 05 Aug 2012, 02:26 4
It's a waste of time. Why not just sell it on ebay or craigslist and get more money?
2. CivicSi89 posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:54 1
Lol thats kinda cool. I wanna see what this new device is that they are going to unveil. Ive been wanting the GS3 or the Galaxy Note really badly. If they announce the GN2. then im jumping all over this. i got a quote for my iPhone. 275. Sweet! lol
6. ghostnexus posted on 04 Aug 2012, 21:03 2
you should tryhttp://www.orangeoffer.com/ind
ex.phpthey gave me 85 for a broken HTC ONE X.
7. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Aug 2012, 21:05 2
you can get more from other sources like the article mentioned.
19. ardent1 posted on 05 Aug 2012, 02:03 2
If you had read the article, it talks about private transactions as opposed to other sources.
25. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Aug 2012, 11:33 0
private transactions are another source and other sources have ways to make private transactions.
3. Droid_X_Doug posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:54 4
Magic 8 Ball says Apple is going to ammend their complaint against Sammy to add predatory marketing practices.
5. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:59 3
I wonder what they'll do with those old phones~~~
42. A.aoudi posted on 23 Aug 2012, 04:40 0
They can alter the parts and use them in the newer phones.
10. AstronautJones posted on 04 Aug 2012, 22:00 2
I wonder what will get $300? I looked a month ago and they only offered $150 for a Skyrocket. Maybe the $300 is for an iPhone?
27. LostInTheRed posted on 05 Aug 2012, 12:47 0
iPhone 4S 64GB in best condition gets you only $250. My Galaxy S 4G would only bring in $70 (I paid $99 for it over a year ago).
11. ivanko34 posted on 04 Aug 2012, 22:42 11
The original article from phandroid.com is much better
Alan you should just write a link to the original articles you try to copy
24. PhoneArenaUser posted on 05 Aug 2012, 07:14 0
But at the end of article there is a link to phandroid.com or I have missed something? :)
14. loken posted on 04 Aug 2012, 23:18 1
too bad i got an old samsung but dont plan on buying a new samsung ..
15. JunkCreek posted on 04 Aug 2012, 23:37 2
iPhone should go this as well. imagine u must throw ur $500-800 to buy a new all out or nothing another $700-900. But iUser always claim they iRich anyway. So just be it.
17. Vince805 posted on 05 Aug 2012, 00:24 0
they will give me $75 for my old htc incredible 2. But I already have the S3!!! I will just sell it to someone looking for a old verizon phone for $100 lol
18. loken posted on 05 Aug 2012, 01:34 4
i think if they get iphones , they will take back their chipset , camera and then make the iphone drop from 20 floors to see samsung hates aplee
29. pfroo40 posted on 05 Aug 2012, 14:07 0
You can get more by trading it in at Best Buy Mobile or Radio Shack, less hassle and no wait time.
30. taco50 (banned) posted on 05 Aug 2012, 18:58 1
If Samsung is selling so well why are they acting desperate
31. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Aug 2012, 19:21 1
cutting deals isn't desperation, it's maximizing sales.
37. gallitoking posted on 06 Aug 2012, 14:14 1
if you knew about marketing it is acting desperate.. marketing 101..son
38. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Aug 2012, 14:19 0
we're talking about Samsung here, #1 phone company in the world. tell me how that works.
40. aikonix posted on 07 Aug 2012, 22:06 0
@KingKurogii, you are correct, they are #1 and they are not desperate.
@Taco50, Taco, again, your dumb comments just express again.. Samsung is not desperate like Apple, sorry, nice try you iFish.
32. TortillaSlap posted on 05 Aug 2012, 19:42 1
desperate would be suing everyone around you over rectangles because you lack the capability to compete.
34. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 05 Aug 2012, 20:09 0
Dose Apple pay any fees to any company for the features it uses on its phone!
35. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 05 Aug 2012, 20:10 0
They are the only company that litigates....!
36. TortillaSlap posted on 06 Aug 2012, 00:41 1
maybe you havent noticed their shrinking market percentages.. even with their "record sales". lol.