Updated Facebook application for BlackBerry coming in 2009
If the program is something that you use on a daily basis, then be prepared for January of 2009, when Facebook for BlackBerry version 1.5 launches. New features include:
- New Account Creation - the ability to create a new Facebook account directly on the BlackBerry handheld.
- Access and Manage Facebook Phone Book - the ability to view friends phone numbers, request friends phone numbers, publish your phone number and even add these to your BlackBerry address book.
- Facebook Birthday and BlackBerry Calendar Link - the ability to automatically import & link friends birthdays in to the BlackBerry Calendar as part of the Facebook Friend List linking
- Facebook Event Calendar and Blackberry Calendar Link - the ability to save Facebook events into the BlackBerry Calendar. Facebook events will be differentiated by a different color and an event reminder notification may be set up.
source: CrackBerry via IntoMobile
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0
the one for blackberry now sucks. i just use the internet
2. (unregistered) posted on 19 Nov 2008, 07:40 0
I just use mine for the ability to easily upload photos and occasionally change my status.
4. (unregistered) posted on 19 Nov 2008, 09:55 0
ur one of those losers that change your status thinking someone really cares......dweeb
5. Anomalies posted on 19 Nov 2008, 10:05 0
You're one of those losers who post here thinking someone really cares.
6. (unregistered) posted on 19 Nov 2008, 10:58 0
lol, yeah dont be mad no one accepts your friend requests...
8. vzw fanman (unregistered) posted on 19 Nov 2008, 14:35 0
3. vzw fanman (unregistered) posted on 19 Nov 2008, 07:56 0
i have facebook mobile for the voyager but it does suck and is limited so i just go on the full site.
9. (unregistered) posted on 20 Nov 2008, 08:13 0
good thing we're talking about the app for the blackberry and not the voyager then.
10. (unregistered) posted on 20 Nov 2008, 13:52 0
leave it to a vzw fanboy to comment on something completely irrelevant to the thread...
11. ME (unregistered) posted on 20 Nov 2008, 17:48 0
Are you joking me!? No one stays on topic with these threads!
7. (unregistered) posted on 19 Nov 2008, 12:57 0
The only thing I'd like added is the instant messanger for facebook, else theres not enough I can do on it to make it something I'd use on a regular basis.