Update treats the Galaxy S5 to even faster camera and gallery apps, improved fingerprint scanning
Rolling out under the G900FXXU1ANE2 version name, the firmware update does not only improve the precision of the feature, it also brings some enhancements in the camera and interface compartments, too – both the camera and the gallery apps now seemingly open faster than before. This, coupled with the impressive 0.3-second autofocus of the 16MP rear snapper, should provide fans of Samsung's flagship with even better user experience whenever they decide to benefit from the ISOCELL camera's goodness.
The firmware update is also not devoid of improvements under the hood. These include some performance refinements, as well as better RAM management. It is very likely that the update incorporates the usual bug fixes, too.
G900FXXU1ANE2 is not the first firmware update to land on the Galaxy S5. Still, this is the first one the device receives this month.
The update is rolling out both over the air and through Samsung's Kies desktop companion suite. Nonetheless, be advised that your Galaxy S5 may not be among the first wave of devices to receive it. If you don't wish to play the waiting game, you can manually download and flash the firmware by following the source link, courtesy of SamMobile.
Samsung Galaxy S5
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3989; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You have to really respect how Samsung consistently updates & keeps their phones in a league of their own.
Kudos to you Samsung.
4. PorkyBurger (Posts: 219; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Yeah, but sad that S3 and S3 Mini is not getting for KitKat.
Any other way, I must fully agree with you.
6. hassoups (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
they've passed the 18-month mark. Get over it.
8. PorkyBurger (Posts: 219; Member since: 18 May 2013)
So did S3 LTE and it will get KitKat.
That RAM thing they told some days ago, IMO is BS.
11. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
we all know 1GB RAM is enough for kitkat android
the problem is its not enough for touchwiz .
15. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Why should he? Not everyone is able to update their phones.
19. FYoung (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
The S2 and S3 are still being sold as new phones. So, the 18 month period has not started yet.
20. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
lol man s2 n s3 are history now.... its not work like this.... coz its company's policy (18 month start after releasing phone in market) not retailers. coz mostly or fewer retailer still have s2 n s3 brand new unsold .
27. sectime (unregistered)
Yeah not even out of contract yet. So 18 months ago. That could be a long time if you are 14.
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 1915; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I love the fact that usully samsung is quick to update
23. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2962; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Samsung does do a decent job with updates, but part of how good they appear is because the other Android manufacturers are just so bad at updates.
24. Super3310 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Updates and updateS.. Still lags bigtym y they cant fix that simple peroblem?
2. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Like I said before with the GS5 article about the 5-6 annoying things.....updates to specific parts can make things better.
An app lagging does not equal the entire OS, phone lags. If you see lagging everywhere thats another story. And back before the Galaxy name was so big...Samsung used a different file system that caused the entire phone to lag...
I hope things are better for them.....but sometimes the devil is in the details...
12. district11 (Posts: 103; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
So you never had samsung in your hands ?
13. JunitoNH (Posts: 882; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Maybe it needs jellybean, so it can smooth like butter.
16. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmaoooo. please tell me about how everybody owns a SAMSUNG.
7. koko1 (Posts: 96; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
the only thing i hate in samsung that touchwiz is not fast, i mean its not slow, but comparing it to htc sense, its not that fast :(
i really hope they make it faster and give me the ability to remove all the apps i dont need like google plus :\
9. hurrycanger (Posts: 1090; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Faster gallery app? Heck yeah! Samsung's gallery app has been slow as hell.
It's like my main issue with Touchwiz. I'm okay with probably everything else, except for the gallery app. xD
14. maherk (Posts: 891; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I've had a 32gb micro ss cards, only using 27gb of it, I used it in my Note 2, S4, Note 3, and now the S5, the only time I would face a slow gallery app was on the Note 2 after a reboot, and on my first boot when I got my phones. Although the camera app used to take a second to open on the Note 2, S4 and Note 3 (kitkat solved that problem for the Note 3).
18. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Same here bro. I never notice any slowdown in the gallery app .. this dude is a hater .. never mind.
21. maherk (Posts: 891; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Samsung phones are just like any other thing on this planet, they aren't perfect. He doesn't have to be a hater if he faced a problem with his phone, I wasn't try to call him a liar nor a hater, I was just pointing that maybe it is a glitch that is affecting a small patch of his phone model, which happens with every OEM. Don't be a judgmental based on one comment, it's not like he said TouchWiz suck, he pointed one thing that he didn't like and pointed out that he loves the rest of the UI.
17. Nicholas-Paul (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 May 2014)
I must say that Samsung always provides quick updates!
28. gurjashan (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 May 2014)
samsung knows what customers want except in the design dept. even if dey improved the design overall..