Update to iHeartRadio hits Android before iOS; new feature finds tunes for you based on your likes
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2014, 23:17 posted on
An update to streaming radio site iHeartRadio hit the Android version of the app on Monday, with a new feature in tow. "For You" is a feature that provides you with a curated list of stations that you will love. How does the app know you will love the stations it picks for you? Is it merely based on random guesses? Not a chance. Your favorite genres are examined along with your listening habits, and music you gave a thumbs up to. Perhaps an algorithm is used as well.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Article title screams troll bait.
2. Anshulonweb (Posts: 313; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
for troll like you everything is troll bait.....
3. davenycept (Posts: 172; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Funny article.. just got the update... haven't played with it yet...looks good though
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I would have liked if they didnt mention it. It sounds like devs are doing a favor for android.
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2962; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Finding good, relevant music based on "likes" is a very difficult problem and usually gives mediocre recommendations.
I like Spotify because I can choose what to listen to and because it allows me to find music I like -- instead of shoving a bunch of crap in my face like many other Internet music services.