Upcoming update will improve Lumia 920 picture quality (w/pics)
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:13
The "Portico" update for Windows Phone 8 has been in the works for a while, and is planned to be pushed out to devices very soon. T-Mobile has said the update will come to the HTC 8X tomorrow, and Nokia has promised it for some time this month. Now, we're finding out that the version of the update for the Lumia 920 will bring improvements to the picture quality...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 18 Dec 2012, 18:48 2 0
Lumia 920 the best camera, period
17. Nadr1212 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 22:51 1 0
I CAN notice the noticeable improvements on the camera!
2. nando2do posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:31 9 2
ok PhA, now you can do that camera test again, but this time do it like you mean it. inlcuding VIDEO STABILIZATION AND LOW LIGHT PICTURES. :D
5. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:53 17 0
I've already let John know that redoing the camera test would likely be called for by you guys.
3. Rager099 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:34 5 0
I cant wait for this update looks good!! I have been a proud owner since it launched!!! ex gs3 owner also :P
6. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:55 5 0
Hard to say, because Microsoft doesn't have a long track record with WP to draw on. I'd guess next year brings WP 8.5, then 2014 brings WP9, but I really don't know. And, there's always that weird Windows Blue thing that could change the cycle.
7. Emily1985 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:48 2 2
What do you mean by
"the daytime photos and video had been somewhat disappointing"
Who disappointed with the daytime video recording?
Quality is better than any other phone currently on the market
11. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Dec 2012, 17:30 6 0
Sorry, you gotta ask John on that one. I'm just repeating what he said. I haven't had a chance to test the phone.
8. wendygarett (limited) 3 days ago posted on 18 Dec 2012, 17:06 0 1
I only see different @ #3... But thanks Nokia :)
9. Joshing4fun posted on 18 Dec 2012, 17:17 1 0
The differences are subtle. Look at the fence in pic #1. It def looks better in the improved one.
10. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Dec 2012, 17:24 8 0
Lol, Wendy you really got eye concer!
Come on, the differences are major. It's sharper, more detailed and the tones are natural...
13. DontHateOnS60 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 19:49 0 0
Still can't tell whether or not the edge sharpening is gone. Pic 5 looks better on the left due to colors.
14. DerryAhmad posted on 18 Dec 2012, 19:52 1 0
Looks great! The difference are quite substantial. The pictures looked sharper and the colors looked more natural. Hopefully the update will roll up in the next few days.
16. Guarulhos posted on 18 Dec 2012, 21:39 1 0
This Is Further Proof Of The Consumer Respect, That the Finnish Giant Pays De Form Continues!
This Update is More Than Are Coming, Once Performance Photo DAY From Lumia 920 PureView LITE I Was Disappointed Too, So How Many Users Amateurs And Professionals Technology And Photography, In Practice What They Hoped The Best Solution In Image And Video !
Now I Believe In FACT, Why Assumptions And Not Fanciful, Lumia 920 PureView LITE If Make The Best Solution From 8 MP Market(IPhones And Galaxies Overcoming Life) Losing Just For Consecrated NSeries N8 And To The “KING” 808 PureView PRO !!!
P.S: A Pen That This Preciousness Only In Brazil Arrive In March 2013 !
18. jameshoe posted on 19 Dec 2012, 03:24 1 0
once again be the best camera smartphone in 2012