Upcoming events and announcements: your guide to fall 2012 in tech
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2012, 09:19 posted on
The long summer days might have calmed you down and with no huge announcements in the past couple of months, you might be getting bored of lawsuits and legal scuffle…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4681; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes I am also waiting to see what the Surface will be like.
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i more concerned about the pricing for a core i5 model since I want x86 apps. i hope $600 at max and with Graphic Card and memory options... :/
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4681; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I think these are going to be about that price you stated. I really don't think Windows is going to get themselves out of the tablet game by charging a ridiculous price. I think they want to compete with the best from both Android & Apple.
I really think the Surface tablets should be on par with the prices already established by BOTH Android & Apple. To me $499.99 to $599.99 should be golden.
10. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Wonder how the AMD-powered models will come in as, especially with the integrated CPU/GPU A-series processors... I'd love an A8 with Radeon HD7K graphics with 4-8GB RAM with a 12" 1080p screen, especially if it came in between $500-800, with another $50-100 for an attachable keyboard a la Surface. Nothing against Intel, I like the compactness and effectiveness of the A-series; cheaper too
24. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I'd say it's going to be a little while before we see AMD APUs with 7-series graphics coming to surface. The latest offerings offer 6-series graphics I think... And Trinity A-10 Offers 6970ish graphics(which aren't bad) but are not of the caliber of 28nm Pitcarin or Tahiti.
EDIT: I actually just saw the A8 with 7K graphics o_0 ..
Nevertheless, I think that surface will learn more towards the Intel side ( I think the surface pro has an i5 ?)
2. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1351; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
What about the new Nexus launch? Aren't there any news about that?
It should be in October/November timeframe.
4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4681; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know what you mean, supposedly they are talking about multiple Nexus devices this year. I wonder what that is going to be like? Who will make the best Nexus if that pans out, is yet to be seen.
7. Victor.H (Posts: 554; Member since: 27 May 2011)
No news on the Nexus yet! Actually, we're also looking forward to it, but so far, we've only heard that Google might have not one but many vendors all building their own 2012 Nexus. So we might have Nexuses/Nexi :) Let's see how it pans out, though!
23. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1351; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I was just hoping you had some information about it, cause it looks like this year they are keeping a tad mor secret than the previous years. I hope there will be some more information soon as it´s one of the event the android fans are waiting for.
Thanks for answering!
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
the next nexus won't be out this year? :( i was hoping for another set of Nexi phones.
Nokia Lumia Announcement and the Surface's Pricing is what I am looking forward to. I considered waiting for the iPhone but then again I told myself "if you did want it, would you spend at least $800 for it?" then I said NO. lol.
11. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
hey what happened to the new generation ipod touch? wasn't it supposed to be announced along with the iphone and ipad?
12. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
hey..I was also thinking about the next ipod touch..waiting to buy my first apple device(I actually hate apple but want to try my hands at them)
14. SteveWozzENIAC (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Man...how and WHY can you hate a company ?
Because of what ???
16. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Maybe it's their overpriced devices. Or possibly their manipulation of the patent system to slow innovation.
18. SteveWozzENIAC (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
So you hate Mercedes ? BMW ? Bang & Olyfsen because of their "expensive" products ?
I am not mocking you ...i am just curious.
22. true1984 (Posts: 688; Member since: 23 May 2012)
yeah but they dont sue other car companies for having similar designs like round corners
30. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Sorry man..I am no hardcore fanboy and don't have the required ability to fight with you..
17. JessJess (unregistered)
You hate them before actually trying any of their devices? Sounds fair :S
13. SteveWozzENIAC (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
i Want an iPhone (5) and a MS Surface !
15. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I would love to see a competitively priced Surface around $200-$300.
19. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
This will come in handy over the next few days
20. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Plus I might get the Xperia Tablet and a W8 phone
25. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wonder what will kinlde's OS gonna be? another android base? what if they team up with linux foundation and make an OS for themselves?
but i think if RIM is for sale... amazon should buy them.. just my thought...
26. asdfasdfasdf123 (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
well Nexuses are typically released about every 11 months
28. gameday78 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
all of these rumors are chasing people away from buying a new phone... What gives anyone the right to keep passing these along. I was watching my local news and they were talking about it like its set in stone and i know customers are buying into it. so if sept comes and we dont have an iphone launch they are gona freak out... please stop spreading this crap till u know or hear anything from apple. fyi the world will end in dec i read it online!
29. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
where's the next nexus phone?
32. webOSlove (unregistered)
What about the launch of Open webOS in September? :,(
33. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah... but HP is so stupid not to announce something like that.. i really hate that HP bought webOS.. it should be nokia..
34. webOSlove (unregistered)