Upcoming Sony Xperia Z1s (mini) gets sized with the Z1, starts a new rumor
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2013, 02:27 posted on
We've been on hot on the heels of the upcoming Sony Xperia Z1s for what seems like an eternity now, yet the promise of top-of-the-shelf specs in a compact body keep us from faltering. Thankfully, it's...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2817; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
So what, IPS panel is better than Triluminos display...
Sony keep the price correct...
7. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
IPS panel is not better than Triluminos display. The ZU display clearly has far more vivid colours than the rest of the competition.
It doesn't really matter too much though, but I do wish the Z1s had a slightly higher resolution, like 1440x900.
9. addicted2088 (Posts: 50; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
For an OS like Android, it's better to stick to standard resolutions, so 720p was a good bet. Not like Apple, who can afford custom resolutions more easily as they have only a few devices.
2. Lucas_kim (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
it is an ips display.. it will be awesome... ips display+triluminus display+ x-reality engine... it is perfect if it is a fhd resolution!!
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 985; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
FHD On 4.3 inch display will be not needed, 720p is more than enough, plus it will deliver high performance since it have much lesser pixel to deal with...
6. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
And of course less power consumption.
If these specs are true, then this is going to kill every phone out there.
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 985; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
The perfect little beast....
4.3 and 4.5 is perfect size for me... Nice...
18. hboy857 (Posts: 231; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Yes, it's a awesome phone. For me this phone is near perfect. My only complain is about it's big bazel. Couldn't Sony cut those big bazel (on top and bottom) and make it even more compact.
20. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think Sony is very capable to make bezelles phone but until this day i can't find any waterproof phone with bezelles body.
From what i know Xperia UL is the most compact waterproof phone when it comes to bezels ratio.
If you really need very compact 4.3 inch phone Droid Mini maybe good enough for you its very compact, splash proof and the specs is pretty good.
22. hboy857 (Posts: 231; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Wow, i didn't now Xperia UL exist. Love Xperia UL.
Gorgeous looking phone. That's the kind of design i'm looking for in Sony's phone. Design is very important to me and that's why i love Sony and HTC, they both create gorgeous looking phone. Hopefully Sony's 2014's flagship will look like xperia UL.
5. LiyanaBG (Posts: 366; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
better if it has IPS maybe sony is learning finally
21. taikucing (unregistered)
that viewing angle... ouch, it hurts my eyes.
8. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
SAMSUNG AND HTC WATCH OUT :)
Don't lower the specs on your "mini" devices.
11. sniperdroid (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I guess when it came to mini all other phone makers find it that you don't need a powerful processor to push that small screen and low screen resolution. I think the mini can appeal to those looking for an iPhone like design running android and just as powerful which is ok, but for me I'd hope they'd work more on the interface to give it more of an elegant design.
10. Taters (Posts: 3532; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Not that interested in this device because Sony will make it too big for a 4.3 inch phone, have really bad viewing angles, or both if their last two handsets are any indication.
However, I can't wait to see the look on the itards faces when this crushes the iPhone 5s in benchmarks. I would love to see them try desperately to grasp on to the A7 being superior to the S800.
19. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
With 127 x 65 x 9.4 mm this phone is not the most compact 4.3 inch phone in the world but its not too big and the size is very reasonable since this phone also comes with S800, 1.2/3” camera sensor, 2300 mAh battery, and IP58.
There is also many hands on videos on youtube that clearly show you that Xperia Z1f (Xperia Z1s japanese version) doesn't have problem with viewing angles.
12. spectrums (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Tft Screen Display, Over Price :) Nosense :) Go Home Losser :)
15. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think they must learn him to speak first, then give him money to write these bullsh*ts for them. lol
23. apexKBC (Posts: 92; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Hey man, u seriously need A DOCTOR..!!!!!
u r tooo samsick........
17. starkiller306 (Posts: 58; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
you guys are so late with this news.....