Upcoming Qi-enabled chargers will do their mojo from greater distances
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2014, 02:28 posted on
Developed by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), the Qi wireless charging standard is supported by a vast array of smartphones and allows us to ditch those USB charging cables for good...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Finalflash (Posts: 2725; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
THIS IS SO IRRITATING. Where the hell is A4WP and actual wireless charging and not this "amazing" 4.5 cm future wireless charger?
3. vincelongman (Posts: 3980; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Agreed, I remember read that A4WP and PMA were merging, but I have seen much devices with either
5. NexusPhan (Posts: 608; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
And what is the range promised of A4WP? If I recall correctly, their development was simply multiple devices (Qi just did it with V1.2) at higher power and no mention of an actual range. I could be wrong but I'll need a link to believe it.
2. vincelongman (Posts: 3980; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Nice! Especially for people who want to use cases
What about speed?
As far as I know the best Qi chargers are 1A, which is much less compared to the best wired which are 2A
6. NexusPhan (Posts: 608; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Samsung Qi charger is rated at 2 amps but I'm not sure I believe it. A good question. 1 amp is sufficient for me but I certainly understand the advantage and importance of 2 amps.
7. vincelongman (Posts: 3980; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yea, my Nexus 5's wired charger is 1A, havent had any issues with it
But of course I wont mind if it was faster
Thanks I didnt know Qi charging was capable of 2A
8. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I believe the Qi charger have 50% efficiency rate. Meaning a 2A usage of power, but 1A receive on the phone.
9. Augustine (Posts: 1043; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
According to a paper at WPC, it's more efficient than the using the typical USB cable:http://goo.gl/KXO3A5
4. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I really hope that one day all this wireless charger, can charge up to 50cm. So that I can put my phone in my pocket while driving, and won't left my phone in the car because I'm charging it. and the passenger can use the phone while using it.
10. kennyo02828 (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
I own a 2014 Toyota Avalon limited equipped with the qi wireless phone charging pad . I also own an Apple I phone 6 plus . can anyone tell me where I can buy the adapter for the I phone 6 plus . I tried one from amazon but it was not good for the 6 plus . anyone that can help me will be greatly appreciated . ken