Upcoming Nexus 7 tablet with record pixel density detailed in alleged live chat with Asus
0. phoneArena 01 Jul 2013, 02:26 posted on
A 7" 1980x1200 pixels screen has been confirmed, along with a Snapdragon 600 processor, 5 MP rear camera, 4000 mAh battery, and optional 4G connectivity get confirmed in an alleged live chat with an Asus rep...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JMartin22 (Posts: 713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
If >4000 mAh capacity batteries can be shoved in 6 inch phones, they could have done a little better this time around with this tablet in that regard. Everything else seems decent though
4. hung2900 (Posts: 769; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Yes, and the price will be $350$, because a larger battery means more difficult to make it slim, ok?
People are never satisfied, want everything good but a low price. If you want, you can buy an external portable battery.
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I know, I am willing to pay $700 for a 4.7"-5" phone to have 4000mAh-6000mAh battery :D I really don't mind if the phone is thicker. In the end of the day, end user experience goes a long way for me.
16. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Ha. 'Decent' you say? For $200? People seriously have a screwed up sense of value these days... unless something is subsidized 50% nothing will ever be a good enough value.
2. ScottSchneider (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
The iPAD mini Killer... Hope it has a smaller bezel...
3. Eonnaydra (Posts: 197; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I hope it wont come with lag like the 1st gen.
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
blame the Tegcrap 3 which is the main culprit
8. deacz (Posts: 148; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
yea i had two tegra 3 devices and im sure as hell not buying tegra4
9. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 725; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Really? I used the One X for a year and its performance on Jellybean was outstanding, faster than S3s with their "more powerful" Exynos Quad. I did side by side comparisons and the "Tegcrap 3" was faster opening apps and in general UI tasks..
10. FlushGordon (unregistered)
I have a Nexus 7, swear to Jeebus my China phone clone Mediatek 1.2 ghz quad +PowerVr544 renders smoother games...I mean even the tegra - optimized games such as Real Boxing ...you don't know what youre talking about...OR haven't used a device outside of Nvidia
The Tegra struggles on a LOT of games I tell ya
11. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 725; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Yes it struggles on games and needs aggressive governors and custom kernels to unleash it, but outside of the gaming zone it isn't that bad as you make it out to be. Of course the Mediatek chip will have better performance as the PowerVR 544 is better than Tegra 3's GPU and is a newer chipset. Do you remember Tegra 3 came out in 2011? But still Qualcomm is ahead of Nvidia by a long shot now, loving the performance of the Adreno 320 on my HTC One.
12. MrPhilo (Posts: 47; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Tegra 3 is good enough, it's Asus i/o, should do some research. Asus memory is terrible, its a known fact on the Transformer Prime etc. When you are downloading or transferring file, it lags like crap. Nothing to do with Tegra 3, it performs just as well as other Quad Core A9's. Its better than the Mediatek but due to the bottleneck of the i/o. The memory is really terrible, around 7 - 18mb, compared to normal standard speed of 50+.
5. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
That last line of the chat looks extremely suspect to me. Doubt any service rep would ever talk like that. Although, these do seem to be reasonable specs to expect.
6. Techsplash (Posts: 41; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
there is no way in hell that it can be under $200.
13. MrPhilo (Posts: 47; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I wouldn't mind if they made the price a bit more, I mean even at £249 it still worth it.
15. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 379; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Best budget tablet without doubt!
17. Mordaki1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I may be wrong but I thought June was the end of Q2 and July started Q3. Or are we talking fiscal?
18. galanoth (Posts: 283; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
1.65 espect ratio is really wide.
I wonder why they aren't using the standard 1920x1200 1.6 ratio.
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
S600 on a big Tab like 7inch. What a joke. Lags lags lags...
So Nexus 10 uses a A15 dual core E5420, they should be used the quad core version clocked at 2.3Ghz with PvrSgx554 quadcore GPU clocked at 550Mhz