Up, up and away, Windows Store passes 100,000 apps
0. phoneArena 01 Jul 2013, 20:01 posted on
When you consider that Windows 8 has been on the market for less than a year, the ecosystem...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Do you have to pay $2 for a gawd darn flashlight app which can found everywhere in the PLAY STORE for free?
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I assumed u mean on windows phone? There are free flashlight apps, quite a few. Why do u need a flashlight on windows 8 (pc/laptop/hybrid/tablets)? Those stuff dont even have a flash.
6. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Dude this is windows... freaking best os in the world... paying $ for free apps found else where is normal here... and there is no guarantee it will work and there is no return policy... you know MS is miles ahead of everyone else... right wp fans?
9. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I've never paid for an app on WP or Windows, and never had an issue working with the developer/publisher on the minor glitches that sometimes arise. You're right that Windows seems to be the best though IMHO ;)
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Mind explaining now its the best OS in the world.....
7. Bernoulli (Posts: 1779; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Yes, but even though the apps are paid at least Microsoft won't be selling your influence to telemarketing companies, unlike Google that does, plus you won't have to charge your phone as much, unlike with Android
12. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
What are you saying... Selling your influence? All companies M$ included are sharing and selling our data.
13. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
how you suppose to use flashlight on tablet or desktop PC O_o
19. Dastrix (unregistered)
Why would you need/use a flashlight on Windows 8? I'm assuming you're talking about WP8, so check out Flashlight XT. It's probably the best flashlight app. Simplistic UI and functional. And it's free, so you can't go wrong.
5. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
I can use flashlight on the lumia 920 without any app O.o
8. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Trolls dont really use their brains. They just hate blindly. They think they can force their own opinions on others.
And there is no such thing as using flash torch light on windows 8; it;s a desktop/tablet OS. This article clearly stated windows 8. Windows 8 has >100,000 apps; windows phone has >150,000 apps. They are separate.
20. Dastrix (unregistered)
I agree. People complaining about the lack of apps don't realize that by the time Windows and WP are unified, there would be around ~300,000 apps, maybe even more. Unless I'm wrong, that's a brilliant strategy by MS; starting off separately is really paying off and it shows. xD
11. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
msft doing their level best fr d pcs , notebook n everythng.. Bt nthng gud fr nokia. Move ur lazy bums u msft techies...
14. chrisbeto10 (Posts: 6; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Are there apps in the marketplace that work in the proper desktop? Or all apps in the marketplace just work on the metro ui?
15. user996 (Posts: 194; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
you can use some Stardrock applications and any metro app can run on desktop. forgot name of exact app
18. icyrock1 (Posts: 306; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
It's called "Modern Mix"
I have it installed on my computer. Works great.
17. Cyberchum (Posts: 317; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I'm yet to understand why it is called common sense, what an irony? I've being in contact with people, I've interacted with different classes of people and I can tell you for sure that common sense is not common, if anything, it's very rare.