- Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
- Turn on Airplane Mode
- Take out AT&T SIM card
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card
- Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
- Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
- Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
- EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
- Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
- Eject SIM card
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
- Insert SIM card
Unlocking the iPhone 4S now possible without tweaking the hardware or jailbreaking
1. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 261; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
holy hell! bravo to whoever thought of this! I dont know how ppl can think about such stuff!
2. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
he was probably just sitting there random fidgiting with his phone and it happened. I would have loved to see the look on his face when it unlocked. lol
3. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Dang! And by resetting, does that mean by turning off the phone or restoring the phone? I know, dumb question =P
4. bastef (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
does anybody knows if this works with IOS 5.0.1??
5. 12345678910 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
does this rellay work?
just like that u have just unlocked?