Unlocked Apple iPhone units can test T-Mobile's 1900MHz 4G HSPA+ network at WWDC
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2012, 23:35 posted on
It's purely a coincidence, but T-Mobile will be testing its 1900MHz 4G HSPA+ network at the Moscone Center in San Francisco at the same time that Apple will be holding WWDC 2012; T-Mobile is spending $4 billion to update its 4G network to make it more compatible with many devices including the Apple iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
7. PhoneLuver (Posts: 474; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Hahaha!!! Only in America would anybody consider calling HSPA+ 4G!
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9070; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Ummm T-Mobile's "HSPA+ 42" gives speeds of 20-28mbps , which is on par with LTE. More reliable and cheaper.
11. PhoneLuver (Posts: 474; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
That's like saying a Golf GTI is a supercar because it can go 250KPH.
HSPA+ scrapes the bottom of LTE. While a useful technology in it's own right, it really shouldn't be called 4G!
Thank goodness the rest of the world agrees!
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9070; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"T-Mobile, America's Largest 3.5G Network."
Does that sounds better to you? Say what you want because I'm saving over $40 a month and I'm getting speeds comparable to LTE.
Have fun over paying.
2. e.wvu (unregistered)
Um, Alan. I know that you're an Apple fan and all, which I can tell by a grammar error you've made. "The carrier has been hamstrung buy it's inability to offer the Apple iPhone to its customers and is also late to the LTE party." It's by, not buy.
4. nyuvo (Posts: 72; Member since: 10 May 2012)
yeah adding further to that, "buy it's" should actually be "by its". It's is short for it is.
5. jove39 (Posts: 1361; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
why would you hope that...Tmobile is losing lot of subscribers to other carriers coz they have no iPhone...go Tmobile.
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Alan is correct. T-Mobile is taking a beating because they have no iPhone. They're desperate for one.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9070; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I like how I get three thumbs down even through:
1) I'm an Android fan
2) I have T-Mobile
3) Stating a fact due to people ALWAYS requesting the iPhone for T-Mobile.
10. hitechredneck (Posts: 85; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Interesting...Didn't Tmobile make fun of at&t's network and the iphone because of all the people who jumped ship and went elsewhere to have an iphone and now they'll be supporting the iphone. Go figure. Wouldn't do tmobile even if you paid me jump to verizon first.
15. Fuego84 (Posts: 299; Member since: 13 May 2012)
supporting iPhones on their network is not the same thing as selling iPhones for apple. That way T-Mobile keeps all the money. Besides I had other att phones working on T-Mobile frequencies nothing new here.
14. Fuego84 (Posts: 299; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Why all this t-mobile trashing anyways? T-Mobile will have LTE late 2013. Besides right now I'm experiencing a very fast HSPA+ well faster than my friends galaxy s2 from sprint. Thanks T-Mobile offering fast data on no contract plans while not price gouging us. Was an AT&T customer.