Unlocked Apple iPhone units can test T-Mobile's 1900MHz 4G HSPA+ network at WWDC
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Jun 2012, 23:35
It's purely a coincidence, but T-Mobile will be testing its 1900MHz 4G HSPA+ network at the Moscone Center in San Francisco at the same time that Apple will be holding WWDC 2012; T-Mobile is spending $4 billion to update its 4G network to make it more compatible with many devices including the Apple iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. PhoneLuver posted on 08 Jun 2012, 04:46 2 0
Hahaha!!! Only in America would anybody consider calling HSPA+ 4G!
8. PapaSmurf posted on 08 Jun 2012, 05:48 1 2
Ummm T-Mobile's "HSPA+ 42" gives speeds of 20-28mbps , which is on par with LTE. More reliable and cheaper.
11. PhoneLuver posted on 08 Jun 2012, 06:23 3 0
That's like saying a Golf GTI is a supercar because it can go 250KPH.
HSPA+ scrapes the bottom of LTE. While a useful technology in it's own right, it really shouldn't be called 4G!
Thank goodness the rest of the world agrees!
12. PapaSmurf posted on 08 Jun 2012, 11:23 0 0
"T-Mobile, America's Largest 3.5G Network."
Does that sounds better to you? Say what you want because I'm saving over $40 a month and I'm getting speeds comparable to LTE.
Have fun over paying.
2. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 08 Jun 2012, 00:05 4 5
Um, Alan. I know that you're an Apple fan and all, which I can tell by a grammar error you've made. "The carrier has been hamstrung buy it's inability to offer the Apple iPhone to its customers and is also late to the LTE party." It's by, not buy.
4. nyuvo posted on 08 Jun 2012, 00:36 2 2
yeah adding further to that, "buy it's" should actually be "by its". It's is short for it is.
5. jove39 posted on 08 Jun 2012, 01:48 0 2
why would you hope that...Tmobile is losing lot of subscribers to other carriers coz they have no iPhone...go Tmobile.
6. taco50 (banned) posted on 08 Jun 2012, 01:49 4 4
Alan is correct. T-Mobile is taking a beating because they have no iPhone. They're desperate for one.
13. PapaSmurf posted on 08 Jun 2012, 16:18 0 1
I like how I get three thumbs down even through:
1) I'm an Android fan
2) I have T-Mobile
3) Stating a fact due to people ALWAYS requesting the iPhone for T-Mobile.
10. hitechredneck posted on 08 Jun 2012, 06:16 1 0
Interesting...Didn't Tmobile make fun of at&t's network and the iphone because of all the people who jumped ship and went elsewhere to have an iphone and now they'll be supporting the iphone. Go figure. Wouldn't do tmobile even if you paid me jump to verizon first.
15. Fuego84 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 22:12 0 0
supporting iPhones on their network is not the same thing as selling iPhones for apple. That way T-Mobile keeps all the money. Besides I had other att phones working on T-Mobile frequencies nothing new here.
14. Fuego84 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 22:04 0 0
Why all this t-mobile trashing anyways? T-Mobile will have LTE late 2013. Besides right now I'm experiencing a very fast HSPA+ well faster than my friends galaxy s2 from sprint. Thanks T-Mobile offering fast data on no contract plans while not price gouging us. Was an AT&T customer.