Unlocked Apple iPhone 5s goes on sale in the US
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2013, 09:37 posted on
Apple is now selling an unlocked version of its iPhone 5s on the Apple Store in the United States with prices starting from $649.99 for the basic 16GB model…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kishin (Posts: 703; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I think this will last as long as the 5s is still selling
9. Finalflash (Posts: 2543; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They won't lower the price outright, but they'll give discounts in other ways as usual.
2. greyhulk (Posts: 153; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
How is this news? I bought an Unlocked iPhone 5s a week after launch. They have been available in store literally for weeks in the U.S.
3. m1tommy (Posts: 19; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Get it for $199 from Verizon, then terminate the contract for $350.
Total spent for a carrier-free, unlocked world phone with all LTE bands: $550 plus tax.
Then sell on eBay to a Chinese buyer for $900 or more.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
7. stealthd (unregistered)
Except for the wash, rinse, repeat part. Verizon will see what you're doing and stop letting you start new accounts.
11. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Your SSN will be blacklisted and it could affect your credit score.
Just to make a few hundred bucks.
Not very smart IMO.
5. gentleman559 (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
But it isn't LTE compatible on T-Mobile or AT&T. Thats the only downside.
6. m1tommy (Posts: 19; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
AT&T and T-Mo don't have LTE yet, they rock the HSPA+.
I have a VZW iPhone 5s, and I got a prepaid T-Mo sim card (free), and it works just fine).
8. stealthd (unregistered)
AT&T and T-Mobile do have LTE, and have for some time now