Unlocked Apple iPhone 5s goes on sale in the US
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2013, 09:37 posted on
Apple is now selling an unlocked version of its iPhone 5s on the Apple Store in the United States with prices starting from $649.99 for the basic 16GB model…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kishin (Posts: 675; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I think this will last as long as the 5s is still selling
9. Finalflash (Posts: 1982; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They won't lower the price outright, but they'll give discounts in other ways as usual.
2. greyhulk (Posts: 130; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
How is this news? I bought an Unlocked iPhone 5s a week after launch. They have been available in store literally for weeks in the U.S.
3. m1tommy (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Get it for $199 from Verizon, then terminate the contract for $350.
Total spent for a carrier-free, unlocked world phone with all LTE bands: $550 plus tax.
Then sell on eBay to a Chinese buyer for $900 or more.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
7. stealthd (Posts: 1002; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Except for the wash, rinse, repeat part. Verizon will see what you're doing and stop letting you start new accounts.
11. scsa852k (Posts: 319; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Your SSN will be blacklisted and it could affect your credit score.
Just to make a few hundred bucks.
Not very smart IMO.
5. gentleman559 (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
But it isn't LTE compatible on T-Mobile or AT&T. Thats the only downside.
6. m1tommy (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
AT&T and T-Mo don't have LTE yet, they rock the HSPA+.
I have a VZW iPhone 5s, and I got a prepaid T-Mo sim card (free), and it works just fine).
8. stealthd (Posts: 1002; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
AT&T and T-Mobile do have LTE, and have for some time now