Unbreakable LiquidMetal rumors return for the iPhone 5S and next iPad
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2013, 11:02 posted on
If you've followed the Apple rumor mill even peripherally, there are a few rumors that are persistent. We've been hearing for the past two iPhone cycles that there would be NFC in an iPhone. Before Apple added LTE, that rumor held for a couple cycles as well. The rumors of Apple using an unbreakable LiquidMetal casing began with the iPhone 5, but it looks like it may be real for the 5S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sprockkets (Posts: 1236; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Wow, apple's first real patent...oh wait it isn't really apple never mind haha.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6579; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And their products will be even more expensive.
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The S5 should equipe with this.
With Exynos 5450 at 3.0Ghz along with side air vents to cool down the Cpu Gpu
Pvrsgx554 at 700Mhz
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 860; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
WOW Troll, you are so wise, i think Samsung or Apple should hire you to help them with their phones!
11. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
All he wants are specs on devices. real world performance = specs for him, never mind it doesn't work that way really.
13. apple4never (Posts: 961; Member since: 08 May 2013)
might aswell put in an intel i7 5770k at 12ghz 112gb ram 12tb of hard drive and a 7790 by 6280 screen with a 100mp camera no ?
15. apple4never (Posts: 961; Member since: 08 May 2013)
oh ya and a 1,000,000 mah battery for all that power
18. apple4never (Posts: 961; Member since: 08 May 2013)
why not add all of googles servers as a syncing mainframe and ontop of that a free ferrari so you can make use of the bluetooth 50.0 on both of them lol
21. roldefol (Posts: 2976; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
He left out the most important part, the 24 MP Exmoor™ (which I can only assume is a north African who has renounced his heritage) RS sensor with Carl Zeiss lens.
4. Izoe (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
unbreakable housing + breakable screen, no sense at all especially when its the display and not the housing that the inevitable bumper case purchase will protect. Plus bet it still gets scratched and dented when you drop it, so whats the point. Just sales hype and another reason keep the price where it is, Sky high.
7. Izoe (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
sorry meant its the housing and not the display the bumper will protect
20. ianbbaa (Posts: 198; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
it wont break even when you hit darkkjeddis head with it...for sure
5. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
the same rumors as every year screen bump to 4.3 and liquid metal
8. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 860; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Too bad the glass display still isn't. No matter how strong the outer display is, it all comes down to physics in the end. All that energy from the fall and the impact has to be transferred somewhere...
14. apple4never (Posts: 961; Member since: 08 May 2013)
hmm maybe a phone case, (actual one with phone not like an otterbox) that transfers the kinetic energy into the floor or surface it gets dropped onto through like a an extremely conductive metal, or have a liquid metal case that has enough give so that once it drops the metal morphs so it like splats on the ground so it dosent break would be cool
22. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
how about simply teaching people how not to drop the a phone. it would be apple's next step in keeping their precious phones in tact.
it's not our fault the phone breaks its you. stop dropping the a phone. it's perfect
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6579; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Another patent another law suit.
12. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 630; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This concept of ours incorporated rumors of LiquidMetal back in 2012, and now they are alive again, despite being told that it was pretty impossible in this timeframe.
I doubt they could implement it so soon. Only in minor parts, like SIM tray in some limited iPhone 3GS models.
16. xpr3ss10n (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Has anyone broken the metal on their phone recently? ....me niether
19. apple4never (Posts: 961; Member since: 08 May 2013)
the metal buckles so this will reduce that, metal dosent break like glass
23. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 259; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
umm.... im pretty sure they should be working more on making their screens break less. not the already just about unbreakable metal they already use.
25. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
well my friend you said the real truth, is not the body that the users complain about, is the screen... if you drop an iphone you better get money to buy another glass..
24. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
iphone will never be in my pocket, overpriced s...