Unannounced Sony Xperia G to have a 4.8-inch display, might not be waterproof
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2014, 16:59 posted on
The Xperia G seems to be a mid-end smartphone, so it shouldn't cost too much. Sony may want to announce it at MWC, at the same time with the rumored Sirius...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3746; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Hmm Sony got good enough specs for mid range. Let see what price they put for this device.
28. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Sony is making sexy devices since 2012 ;)
3. ermond012 (Posts: 9; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
I kinda like the camera placement on the center of the phone. Thought at first the back panel is made out of matte material but it's also made out of glass. Nice hardware for a mid-range. Sony is really stepping up this time.
12. buccob (Posts: 1854; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Probably glossy plastic like the recently found Z1 Compact... which has bothered many people already...
But if its strong enough, then is fine by me
5. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Timeless design. Beautiful as always.
6. E.S.1 (Posts: 295; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Do people really care if the phone is waterproof or not?
Are we talking showers with our phones?
7. ermond012 (Posts: 9; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
For some it matters. It's a plus. Just in case of accidents.
10. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I do take showers with my phone. I bring my phone when I'm also in the toilet. And I listen to music when I'm in the tub! ;)
13. buccob (Posts: 1854; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
showers, toilet, pool, beach, out on a rainy day... you name it...
24. apple4never (Posts: 1026; Member since: 08 May 2013)
who doesn't want to fap in the shower lol?
8. Sesameopen (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Lol. I was thinking of getting a G for a backup phone. I hate sony for making my next decision impossible to choose -_-
14. buccob (Posts: 1854; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
well, it will probably be more expensive than Moto G... if that helps somehow.
16. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Go for the Xperia SP..Its specs beats the Moto G,even the note 2 n SGS3 if im mistaken,and Andriod 4.4 KitKat coming..
25. apple4never (Posts: 1026; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yup, it even beats the nexus 4 and is dam close to the htc one
29. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
But its display has terrible viewing angles and very warm color reproduction.. :\
30. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Each phone has its own advantages and disadvantages.
For some people viewing angles are important but I'm
sure most people will not have a problem with Xperia SP screen.
Because smartphone is a very personal device in fact some people will use a Anti-Spy privacy screen protector and the screen has a good quality.
And built in white balance settings will help you with color
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3669; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Gosh this leakster man why doesnt he spill more beans at once, why dont he reveal everything.
11. yucil (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Anyone know sony D5503? Is it same with sony D5103?
15. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Its the successor of the Sony Xperia SP maybe?
But why a quad core 1.4Ghz,like in the Moto G,not a dual core krait 1.7Ghz,in the Xperia SP,
when that dual core krait is better than that quad core crap...
Sony..impress me more.
18. nokia12 (Posts: 450; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
this is not the successor to Xperia SP, this is a succesor of Xperia L and Xperia C.. the successor of Xperia SP will have a snapdragon 800..
wait for it
22. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Ok i agree because the quad core the in Xperia G is slower that the dual core krait in th Xperia SP..
800??Thats gonna be pricey if u tell me.
17. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Sony please make more interesting mid range phones
because u make the best mid range phones..
19. monkeytown (Posts: 108; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
they should finally get rid of the fukcing waterproof gimmick and trim the bezels -.-
20. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Sorry dude but durability is much more important than something useless like "ultra thin bezels" That's why most of us use protective cases.
Thanks to waterproofing you can bring your phone to any place without worrying about your phone will be damaged because of water or without having to use some bulky and expensive protective cases that will make your phone bigger and thicker.
Its not hard to make bezelless smartphone from a flimsy and thin plastics even some chinese manufacturers is able to do that.
21. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
The waterproofing is not some sort of gimmick like what Samsung does with its phones. Waterproofing is practical and way more useful than you think!
31. bakarock (Posts: 53; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
IF SAMMY GOES FOR TIZEN COMPLETELY, THEN SONY WOULD BE CROWNED AS ANDROID KING (except for Chinese Market)... I BELIEVE..
32. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 122; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
I think this phone will be the replacement for Sony Xperia C, L, & M.