Unannounced Nvidia Shield Tablet shows up
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2014, 14:07 posted on
It's said that the Shield Tablet will be powered by Nvidia's new Tegra K1 processor. Other features may include a high-res 7.9-inch display and Android KitKat...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jibraihimi (Posts: 762; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
" the Shield Tablet follows the design
language set by the Nvidia Tegra Note 7 slate from least
Least year..... I think it should be last year....... ???!!!
3. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I just hope its priced right and not going overbroad.
5. imkyle (Posts: 1073; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Their Note 7 is fantastic. Very quick updates and a great CPU.
6. amats69 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
so Front facing speaker is the new trend this days..which is good!
9. Doakie (Posts: 2007; Member since: 06 May 2009)
But so many of the products with front facing speakers look like stretched out HTC M7's.
8. TheMoltenD (Posts: 109; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
Tegra is so underrated, the K1 is doing a lot better than the 4 at least.
13. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Based from the initial MiPad reviews, the K1 is a bit of a battery hog, no wonder Xiaomi stuffed a huge 6700mAh in there.
Plus Id like to see how the K1 controls thermal throttling, all that power is useless if it heats up easily
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It will use cooling thermal shield and have side air vents, for it to cool down.
10. enderw33 (Posts: 12; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Can't confirm/disconfirm 2048*1536? Umm... You have eyes, right? That pic clearly shows a wide-screen tablet... Only apple and Chinese knockoff iPads (miipad) use the retro 4:3 aspect ratio
11. vincelongman (Posts: 4434; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also its a tablet with a focus on gaming, so 4:3 doesn't seem right, should be 16:9 or 16:10
12. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Gosh 4:3 is soo yesterday, the benefit of this aspect ratio is almost nothing!
16. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The design seems to be a collaboration with HTC.
Would want the Nexus 8 to look the same if not better.
19. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i think this is the Nexus 8 , without the nexus name ,
18. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Yes yes yes. Just release it because it will take more 2-3 months for us to get. Also mipad going to launch soon. Just price it right nvidia. I would definitely buy shield tablet over mipad because of quick updates,stock android & much more development support :D