Ugly, uglier, ugliest: abominable phones that should have never existed, but yet did
0. phoneArena 19 Dec 2012, 06:21 posted on
We love original product design. In a world of greyish slabs, new ideas stand out and are always welcome…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nokia 7280 ugly? It looks sexy and innovative to me :/
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
And pa removed the moto xoom lol :)
27. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1192; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
xoom isnt half as ugly as these phones!
3. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Geeee this is a slow day, lets insult someone! I had the 3650, the 7600, the 7280 and 3 xelibri phones, I don't see the need to call them ugly just because they are different, I actually still use some of them from time to time. I guess we are all different and to some of us the iphone is just plain boring and not a religion
13. the_s2 (Posts: 229; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I had the 3650! It was such an awesome phone, with lots of cool features and apps back then!! How I used to love it! PA, dont dare say its ugly!
15. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Agree! It actually was the phone I used for the longest time, 1 year and a few months, that is impressive for me lol, usually I change phone after 6 months tops (yeah, it probably is a disease lol)
14. troutsy (Posts: 303; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Wee-ooo0 Wee-ooo0 Wee-ooo0
Uh oh, fun police are on the scene... everyone turn down the jokes.
17. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Joke? Oh my... we have a really different concept of what is funny...
5. redmd (Posts: 1103; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Nokia could release these weird designed phones because they dominated the market then and people went crazy over these as I was lol. that was then but now things are different.
6. aldridhl (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
At least there was variety and creativity back in the day..
7. wando77 (Posts: 644; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I think the Samsung one looks quite a good phone for girls.
9. cretinick (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
My girlfriend had the Nokia 3650! She still keeps it. And she loved the phone.
For the tecnology of that time, the Camera was realy good! She still has pictures taken with it in her flickr account.
18. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 410; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
i was actually thinking the same thing... the original was ugly as heck now looking back at it...
25. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
in my opinion, the original had the best design, and the 3g/3gs was the worst, you really had to love the aluminium back of the original iphone.
19. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
AhAh, it's funny because it's true! LOL
11. squeeb (Posts: 99; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Wow those are some god awful phones...save for the 3650, not half bad. Never actually used one to type a txt though...
16. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 103; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
ln 2020 PA will add Galaxy S III to worst design phone of past
33. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I hope you're being ironic here.
But in case you're just another shallow, crazy Nokia sh!!p (blind Samsung hater), I can tell you that there's more thought and sense put into S3 design than you're capable of understanding.
It's a BEAUTIFUL phone
35. cripton805 (Posts: 1177; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
It has a pretty common design. It's rectangle just like almost every other phone out right now and a screen.
It looks fine the way it is. Looks like a normal phone by todays standards.
Here's a site that has a picture of a Lumia, Iphone, and GS3 together.
20. jibraihimi (Posts: 720; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
7600 was very cool looking phone back when it was released.........it was great phone, and many people used to own it in my country at that time, but it was more popular among people trying to look more cool..................... Phonearena, seeing ur list I can predict one thing, that in 2020 Galaxy S3 and galaxy pop is sure to make this great list.........
21. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Fair play to the manufacturers for releasing these phones. Some of them might not have looked that great but at least they had the guts to release something completely different.
22. Johnnokia (Posts: 913; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Honestly, All Nokia's phone that you have listed were AWESOME.
23. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Lmao, that last phone is really the cream of the crop.
24. ThinkB4YouSpeak (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
While I love reading comments on this site, I would like to point out that the Nokia 7280 had a successor. The Nokia 7380 has all of its design cues from the original.
26. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Well Victor, Nokia's Phone are prettier than Samsung ones though i love the Galaxy Note 2. I'm not trying to be fan or whatever but the reality is Nokia has the most beautiful design then comes Sony. Samsung focus on Functionality rather than aesthetic feel of the phone. But current Samsung Galaxy 3 and Note 2 pack for value for money
28. apexKBC (Posts: 92; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
The last one is just bulls**t................
29. robocopvn (Posts: 352; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
I used Nokia 3650 more than 2 years. TBH, it's not ugly, at that time, even now :D. I agree the keyboard format takes you sometimes to get used to. But after 2 days, everthing works really good :D
31. GoldenJoe (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
I actually liked it back when everyone would try to come up with crazy new cell phone designs (Nokia 3650, Samsung Juke, Blackberry, etc). Now everyone just rips off Apple.
32. ManuelMelgar (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
The last one is trying to tell us something like: "Kill me please!"
34. straywish (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Hats off PA to you. for making such surveys well done
38. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Kyocera Echo.... Why ARENT YOU HERE!!!!!
39. rex1213 (Posts: 77; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
Wooah! Lots of Nokia phones over there. But I'd say, those were all some pretty unique and innovative designs. It may not please everyone but there are at least a couple of people who like them. Because for all we know, Nokia doesn't apply the "one phone fits all" policy.
40. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
they just look weird but actually i like some of them! :)
45. jroc74 (Posts: 5646; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
That Pantech looked nice to me...
#11 couda been #1...lol.
47. osanilevich (Posts: 273; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
I somewhat miss these days when, instead of trying to think outside the box, phone designers disregarded the box altogether