Ubuntu planned as one OS from mobile to desktop by 2014
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Dec 2012, 21:55
We've known for a while now that Ubuntu is slowly making the transition to mobile devices, but Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth has finally laid out the plan for Ubuntu, which is to have it as one OS from mobile to desktop by 2014...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. alterecho posted on 11 Dec 2012, 23:25 1 1
Good if the mobile OS imitates/provides the desktop experience. Not the other way around like Windows 8.
3. amozhi posted on 12 Dec 2012, 02:16 1 0
Ubuntu is a failure with Unity interface...it will loose its market to Android very soon
7. MichaelHeller posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:28 0 0
I quite enjoy Unity. I prefer GNOME3 a bit more, but there are just more lenses and things to add on to Unity, so it gets the win for me.
5. shuaibhere posted on 12 Dec 2012, 04:57 0 0
But once he said that UI will be same across all ubuntu devices.....
6. basicfull posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:52 0 0
It has a while to change things. I am sure that Unity will change all together, if it's still Unity by then.
9. archangel9 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 09:21 0 0
I use Ubuntu for 7 years and Unity has been a joy so it's no surprise that it'll be making it's move to mobile devices.Linux has been around forever but everybody sleeps on it.