Ubuntu planned as one OS from mobile to desktop by 2014
2. alterecho (Posts: 1097; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Good if the mobile OS imitates/provides the desktop experience. Not the other way around like Windows 8.
3. amozhi (Posts: 130; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Ubuntu is a failure with Unity interface...it will loose its market to Android very soon
4. shuaibhere (Posts: 1966; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Still, unity is mature than metro UI.....
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I quite enjoy Unity. I prefer GNOME3 a bit more, but there are just more lenses and things to add on to Unity, so it gets the win for me.
5. shuaibhere (Posts: 1966; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But once he said that UI will be same across all ubuntu devices.....
6. basicfull (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
It has a while to change things. I am sure that Unity will change all together, if it's still Unity by then.
9. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
I use Ubuntu for 7 years and Unity has been a joy so it's no surprise that it'll be making it's move to mobile devices.Linux has been around forever but everybody sleeps on it.