Ubuntu Touch now includes a walkthrough tour of the OS
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2013, 20:49 posted on
In case you had forgotten with all of the news about the upcoming iPhone and Note III announcements, Ubuntu Touch is almost ready to go. The OS has been on an acceptable level to be a daily driver for a while now, but the first finished version of the OS is planned to be ready in October along with Ubuntu 13.10 (October 2013)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. apple4never (Posts: 914; Member since: 08 May 2013)
have to see if itll get the same app base as ios/android only then will it be an option for me
7. juandante (Posts: 232; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Dont worry about apps. If Ubuntu is using Qt, Python and/or HTML as options for basic programming, it will have apps far more quicker than any other mobile OS out in those past 6 years.
Anyway, seeing the quality of the menu for a beta, it seems a way better alternative OS than the close outdated Microsoft's. Good for Nokia .
3. nlbates66 (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
Suppose all they have to do is release it on a device so that can be ignored to death as well. :P
4. mottykels (Posts: 364; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I wonder how this os can compete with android?
5. sniperdroid (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Is he using an iPhone to record this video? Not that it's a bad just weird for an open source developer to use a closed platform.