Ubuntu Touch Preview soon coming to lots of new Android devices
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Feb 2013, 11:52
Things are starting to move in regards to Ubuntu Touch Preview. We've seen the big reveal for both the phone and tablet optimized versions of Ubuntu, and yesterday we heard that Canonical is starting to push daily builds of Ubuntu for testing and development. Now, Canonical has announced that the Ubuntu Touch Preview will soon be moving beyond the Nexus brand and onto a lot of new Android devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kartik4u98 posted on 27 Feb 2013, 12:00 5 7
I think Ubuntu will be a success...
Now, dont start catfights saying that Android/iOs is better or anything like that...
I know what I'm saying..idiots !!
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 27 Feb 2013, 12:07 8 1
"I know what I'm saying..idiots !!"
So you say that other are idiots and only you can have an opinion?
7. kartik4u98 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 03:52 1 0
Sorry, I did not want to annoy or disrespect anyone..
I wanted to say that to some trollers who are here..
9. PhoneArenaUser posted on 28 Feb 2013, 08:14 0 0
Ok, I see. :)
10. kartik4u98 posted on 01 Mar 2013, 01:10 0 0
Thanks for your understanding :)
Please, please visit this and help !
3. Reluctant_Human posted on 27 Feb 2013, 12:08 3 0
I completely agree. I'm gonna give it a try in my Nexus 7 to see what it's like. The more competition the more we win as consumers.
5. robcar posted on 27 Feb 2013, 18:32 0 2
I've heard Linux-people say that about regular Ubuntu also for many years.
How does it look today? :-/
8. Reluctant_Human posted on 28 Feb 2013, 06:30 0 0
Very good. Ubuntu is highly popular and you even have the choice of getting Ubuntu out of the box when buying a new computer with a couple of major computer companies. The fact that they're moving to the mobile platform says quite a bit about this too.
11. robcar posted on 01 Mar 2013, 06:24 0 0
Well, Ubuntu feels like XP with modern skin and flowing as good as Windows without display drivers. And driver support and OS updates are 10 times worse.
Honestly, I have nothing against Ubunut or any Linux dist but they have a long way to go.
Ps. I love Android, and note WP8
12. Reluctant_Human posted on 01 Mar 2013, 09:31 0 0
We're each entitled to our opinions but you do make some good points. I'm just glad Steam for Linux came out and is doing well. The lack of games without using WINE or a Windows emulator was my biggest gripe.
4. pookiewood posted on 27 Feb 2013, 14:00 0 0
I wont touch my wife's Kindle which leave my daughters Nabi as the only other Android Device I could experiment with. I wonder if they will make it available for that. :p Maybe i'll grab a cheap HP Tablet.
6. MartianMe posted on 27 Feb 2013, 23:59 0 0
Feels like another winer to me...death to ios and windows phones.