Ubuntu Phone image coming February 21st to Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4
17. jroc74 (Posts: 5732; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Just fire up a Live CD on your desktop PC....
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10228; Member since: 14 May 2012)
A unlocked GNexus is around $200 on Craigslist. Say it yesterday.
14. esinisa (Posts: 6; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
In my country GNexus is $800 on contract :). f**ket up country...
26. NateAdam8 (Posts: 388; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
The price jumped to $340 and Up on Craigslist.... I keep a close eye on Craigslist
3. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
nokia should consider ubuntu if they are not considering android.........
8. cybervlad81 (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)
I hope this is an attempt at humor, as this means you did not only not read the article, but you would have to had not read the whole article title either. "Ubuntu Phone image coming February 21st to ------> Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4
13. Kriksis (Posts: 91; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Read the article again:
"show off Ubuntu running on "a range of devices". Canonical has said before that Ubuntu will run on any device that can run Android, so it will be nice to see it on non-Nexus devices"
16. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
r u nut............ u want a dead os on super fones........
22. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
so want it on your n8 or 808..... i think it ll make ur fone more fast... may b
6. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
wohooo!!! my note 2 can't wait any longer, its goona be epic! one love linux
21. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
I got Ubuntu and LOVE IT!!
Even going to better on the Galaxy S III and Note II!!!
11. hadouken (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
In case you're interest, Ubuntu is available for the nexus 7. Not the same UI though, it looks like the desktop version.
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Good. Give them a year and they would be good for people for whom one billion apps are just a number. :)
12. yazbuh (Posts: 29; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Got a Gnex never really rooted it since, because I'm contented with the performance and experience, but I root my other phones like Galaxy Ace, Xperia X8... Hope with will support CWM so I can easily restore my original android version... :)
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
the gestures on ubuntu phones are really good but sometimes really annoying! i really prefer meego's gesture!!!
19. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
ah, so you've already used Ubuntu Phone?
18. jroc74 (Posts: 5732; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
If it can be installed on non Nexus phones.....doesnt require alot of hacking to install on non Nexus phones....doesnt require an unlocked, unencrypted bootloader...this could be huge.
This could breathe new life into older Android phones. I would actually put in claims for my broken Droid X1, RAZR and Droid 1 now. Droid 1 might be too old for a claim...lol.
All 3 might be too old by now...
20. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Seems likely that it will require an unlocked bootloader, but we'll have to see.
23. Airforce (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
well this is confusing...is Ubuntu going to be a REMIX of android....Like Ubuntu,kubuntu,Backtrack...Linux has a twisted mind of bringing the same OS in different names nd colours
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
JAVA Bloat of Android will be missing from UBUNTU i think. JAVA is a resource hog.
24. Shubham412302 (Posts: 403; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
the thing which prevent mange from buying a nexus I is just its 16gb internal storage..
why don't Google bring a 32gb one.
16gb May be enough for many but not for me and others