Ubuntu Edge funding passes $4.5M, adds lower tiers that are going fast
0. phoneArena 24 Jul 2013, 10:15 posted on
It took just under 12 hours for the crowd-sourced funding campaign for the Ubuntu Edge to reach $2 million, mostly on donations jumping on the $600 tier to get a device. Once that tier sold out, funding slowed down a bit, but Canonical has added multiple new tiers to spur more donations, and those tiers are selling out fast...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
lol 720p display? bitch please
2. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
You don't need 1080p, unless you honestly look through a microscope.
8. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Really nice device and a sprinter ahead of all race of present day, needs extensive funding. happy people are really supporting it. Its time for real convergence.
4. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Fund some R&D and help them include an "Ultra-low power consumption 4k resolution 4.5 inches display that will have as many PPI as the device cost in USD!"
3. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
next year already its time for 2K displays on smartphones
6. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
why did they add so many different prices? it should have been $650 for everyone
7. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Last time I checked, it was $830 dollars for it, I think that too much(for me) but it is my dream device.
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I donated $50.. lol
10. taikucing (unregistered)
This is my dream phone which can run as a PC. I hope it can be installed with windows OS so that I don't need to bring a heavy laptop to work.