Ubuntu Edge funding campaign collects $2M in under 12 hours
1. Jason2k13 (Posts: 633; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i'm pretty sure most of the phones released in 2014 are going to be a 'beast' aswell, Ubuntu your not alone.
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
But 600 dollars for a phone with the fastest multicore processor and 4gb of ram and that 128 display?
Next year's flagship may come with only 3 gb of ram and 64 gb of memory at max and I that will cost you around 800 dollars for sure.
2. jjjsong (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
I was thinking of funding it until I see the 720p screen. I have some issues with zoomed out text on my nexus 4 already with the 720p screen so I think higher resolution matters, despite their claim on it being an overhead.
I do like their hardware design though.
3. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This is a great device if one may ask. Haters gonna hate on that display, but I see no big advantages with the 1080p display with today's flagship phones. Ohhh that 4gb of ram and 128 gb of memory. Not to mention the dual booting capabilities.
6. persikon (Posts: 29; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
With those Specs sure its gonna be a great contender. With a cohesive User-Interface, fast web-browser, and great camera, would be enough for me!
8. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This is how a surface phone would look like if there's one haha