Ubuntu Edge campaign approaching $8 million, momentum slows, new perks added
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2013, 13:15 posted on
As the fundraising campaign works its way into its tenth day, the tally stands in excess of...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fouadqr (Posts: 326; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Raised of $32,000,000 Goal
21 days left
That's too much (32 million) !!!! WTF
2. Brendan126 (Posts: 14; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
I agree with that... I think that already raising 7.75 million plus shows that there is enough demand for the phone.
9. chouputra (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Look at how much money apple sell in a month, $16 billion and you say $32 million is too much for high-tech product?
3. link2mutt (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
May, 2014 is too long.
If they plan to shipping by the end of this year, It would be better.
10. chouputra (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
This device is not yet created like commercial device do. There are a lot of things to work on such as final hardware design, manufacturing, certification etc. If you want to get a phone right away, go to apple store or something.
11. chouputra (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Don't underestimate anything, apple was said to close down more than a decade ago.
5. FadyNabil (Posts: 39; Member since: 10 May 2013)
this is desperate,
I don't trust shutulwood, he may steal the money and escape to cuba or something,
selling a non real product is a con?! where is the law? or does the courts are blind when it comes to anything open source?!
Please, protect the ppl money
6. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 879; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It's essentially the same principle as pre-ordering.
12. FadyNabil (Posts: 39; Member since: 10 May 2013)
preordering is for a product that is already exist and real.
this is an imaginary product that only exists in a 3dmax graphics file!!
13. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 879; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It's the same principle. Your paying upfront for a product you will get in the future. I pre-ordered a ps4. They will in the future make me one and give it to me or give my money back. If you wanna go deeper into it then it's just semantics.
7. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
In my country, with $50 one can buy over ten T-shirts with any color or words he want to paint on them lol
8. chouputra (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Don't mix up selling t-shirt with fund raising.