USPTO releases Apple's patent application covering the selling and borrowing of digital content
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2013, 09:50 posted on
Apple has filed an application with the USPTO that covers a process by which owners of legally purchased digital content such as eBooks, movies and music can transfer ownership of this content including the legal rights that allow them to have such content on their Apple iPhone or Apple iPad; Amazon was awarded a patent for a similar process that involved the creation of a digital second hand marketplace...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
why don't they just focus on making good phones...
5. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
apple don't care if ios is the most stupid os ever because people who buys iphones and think it is highend material are more stupid anyway..
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4074; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Because they already have that part down packed.
13. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1797; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
It's down pat. Hopefully you're not the product of their quality control. Otherwise bad news for them.
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well you can never blame quality of their programming. It just works ... like Myxtyxpyx ... :D
10. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 307; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Because good phones are only part of the equation. Love 'em or hate 'em, Apple is where they are because of the ecosystem they have built, and this patent application is intended to build upon that ecosystem.
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6697; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
how many times are we going too see their USELESS B.S. PATENT?
3. sorcio46 (Posts: 407; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
How they are able to patent 4 circles with words inside?
4. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
apple must must patent the word "iDiot". so no one can use it against them..
15. ZeroCide (Posts: 698; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I'll still use it against them. Mxyzptlk is one of the biggest ones.
7. Taters (Posts: 3534; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Sigh, no this is just getting ridiculous. They need to crack down on all of these submissions. They should probably look into only filing a certain amount every 3 years. And they should have a penalty in place for submitting a patent that isn't approved.
8. fuzzybear (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL I could not help but laugh my A** off at "sorcio46" comment & I agree with "rodkurt" comment.
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Patent on "Borrowing" ... any Patent on "Stealing" and "Robbing" in place? I think USPTO should call applications for Stealing and Robbing also.
17. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Apple is the greatest inventor of the millennium. Their creation of selling things will revolutionize the entire universe.
20. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
That depends. In what way, exactly? Was my sarcasm not up to par?
19. Taters (Posts: 3534; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Apple should just purchase the USPTO, the US government is probably dumb enough to outsource the operations to Apple. Or the USPTO should just change that eagle logo to an Apple logo.