USPS won't ship smartphones or tablets overseas anymore, battery chemistry to blame
4. BattleBrat (Posts: 1251; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Maybe if the USPS would stop KICKING THEM AROUND, they would stop catching on fire!
5. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Another instance where private businesses are better than government programs.
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I'll srick with UPS and Fedex and DHL then :)
8. mahony (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Yes, sending a smartphone overseas using USPS = $12. Using UPS or fedex = $172
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
not necessarily, it depends on many factors.
11. aarongzmn (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Mar 2010)
It doesn't depend on anything. USPS has way better prices than any of the services you just listed.
12. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Agree. For what UPS or Fedex charge,you might as well buy a ticket and go deliver the package yourself. USPS offers great bargains for what they charge.
9. Tacticaltomato (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
If anyone here seriously thinks that UPS or FEDEX actually treats your packages BETTER than USPS, think again. I have seen first-hand how little care is given to customers packages. Even though USPS is a govt program, it could be worse, at least it is privately funded.