USPS bans international shipping of smartphones starting Thursday
0. phoneArena posted on 15 May 2012, 00:49
The U.S. Post Office will be banning the international shipping of smartphones and other devices starting on Thursday; no, there is nothing mysterious about this, it is just that the USPS wants to stop carrying items that could catch on fire from an improperly installed lithium ion battery...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Forsaken77 posted on 15 May 2012, 01:27 4 0
Just make it mandatory that the batteries be detached from the device. The USPS is already losing alot of money. This is just gonna unnecessarily add to the problem.
3. plgladio posted on 15 May 2012, 03:28 0 0
In that case Apple and few other devices will fail.
4. PhoneLuver posted on 15 May 2012, 03:29 0 0
That would exclude shipping almost all Apple products..
2. StrumerJohn posted on 15 May 2012, 02:29 0 4
Ehh who cares. UPS and FedEX are the s**t-- waaaay faster shipping
6. MATOZ posted on 15 May 2012, 10:37 1 1
I care! Dumb A$$!!, And it's waaaay expensive shipping too, m0r0n!
9. miles16852 posted on 15 May 2012, 16:20 1 1
i guess you got money to BURN strummerJohn! UPSP is cheaper!
10. StrumerJohn posted on 16 May 2012, 03:00 0 0
Haven't heard of them. And USPS is not cheap at all lol... I ship stuff daily when ever I sell stuff on eBay and their international rates are far more expensive than FedEX or UPS'.
5. kg4icg posted on 15 May 2012, 08:51 1 0
If the FAA says we can't carry devices with installed lithium ion batteries in them which they cannot be removed, then there is nothing Fedex or UPS can do. Oh by the way, UPS and Fedex carry USPS mail on there planes. I myself work for Fedex.
7. MATOZ posted on 15 May 2012, 10:44 0 0
Indeed, FAA maybe bans to use ours 'phones, tablets and even my kid's game console... during in a flight too.
So, your right, must private carriers are got screwed, too!
11. jmoita2 posted on 16 May 2012, 10:10 0 0
The boneheads that are happy about this will have a nasty surprise next time they buy a phone or tablet on Ebay. Can you say 50.00 shipping???