USPS bans international shipping of smartphones starting Thursday
0. phoneArena 15 May 2012, 00:49 posted on
The U.S. Post Office will be banning the international shipping of smartphones and other devices starting on Thursday; no, there is nothing mysterious about this, it is just that the USPS wants to stop carrying items that could catch on fire from an improperly installed lithium ion battery...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Forsaken77 (Posts: 546; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Just make it mandatory that the batteries be detached from the device. The USPS is already losing alot of money. This is just gonna unnecessarily add to the problem.
3. plgladio (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
In that case Apple and few other devices will fail.
4. PhoneLuver (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
That would exclude shipping almost all Apple products..
2. StrumerJohn (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 May 2011)
Ehh who cares. UPS and FedEX are the s**t-- waaaay faster shipping
6. MATOZ (Posts: 71; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
I care! Dumb A$$!!, And it's waaaay expensive shipping too, m0r0n!
9. miles16852 (Posts: 202; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
i guess you got money to BURN strummerJohn! UPSP is cheaper!
10. StrumerJohn (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 May 2011)
Haven't heard of them. And USPS is not cheap at all lol... I ship stuff daily when ever I sell stuff on eBay and their international rates are far more expensive than FedEX or UPS'.
5. kg4icg (Posts: 65; Member since: 18 May 2008)
If the FAA says we can't carry devices with installed lithium ion batteries in them which they cannot be removed, then there is nothing Fedex or UPS can do. Oh by the way, UPS and Fedex carry USPS mail on there planes. I myself work for Fedex.
7. MATOZ (Posts: 71; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Indeed, FAA maybe bans to use ours 'phones, tablets and even my kid's game console... during in a flight too.
So, your right, must private carriers are got screwed, too!
11. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
The boneheads that are happy about this will have a nasty surprise next time they buy a phone or tablet on Ebay. Can you say 50.00 shipping???