USB 3.0 arriving to mobile devices by end-2012: faster charging, transfer speeds of up to 800Mbps
0. phoneArena 09 Jan 2012, 04:17 posted on
Ever wondered why (micro)USB 3.0 ports haven’t yet arrived on smartphones and tablets? The bigger power drain might be one of the reasons, but what matters is that the higher-speed USB 3.0…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. droidnator (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Faster battery charging... Mmm, nice! And when they find a way to improve battery life for high-end Androids, that will be a winning combo!
2. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Both USB 3.0 and thunderbolt, would be a leap for mobile devices
3. manuell3g (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Funny as it is am getting 18 hrs on my desire hd with miui
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
my sgs2 epic 4g touch got bout 10 hrs of heavy usage on 2.3.6 before it broke :( now i got to wait on my income tax from my parents before i can get it fixed
7. baaam (Posts: 61; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
WOW!! 2012 is looking good!! Improve battery life then fast charging!! FTW!!!
8. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Expect this is galaxy s3,new htc models and pretty much all top android trend setter phones this year,great news for everyone
9. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I would think the speed benefit with USB 3 would save on battery life.
They state that USB 3 uses more power, but to transfer data at 15 minutes on USB 2 versus 1 minute on USB 3, one would think the battery savings would still be there due to the short time frame.
Here is to hoping the i5 has it ...
10. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1695; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
im still waiting for wireless charging :)
11. irfanil (Posts: 26; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
This is March, 2013. Why is there no device with USB 3.0? :(