US government and military getting Android phones
0. phoneArena 03 Feb 2012, 14:43 posted on
Security is one of the things that Android competitors always want to take a swipe at, but if any organizations takes security seriously it would be the US government and US military, and it looks like both will be getting...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
This is THE nail in the U.S. Government's coffin. Lord help us!
6. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
But didint the govt choose dell as their device? Its a piece of crap
12. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
yes the Dell Streak running Android...
18. Nathan (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I think one reason they chose the Dell Streak was because it's one of the few US made Android Smartphones.
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
do people need any more proofs that android actually is a BETTER OS?
9. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
I don't know if it's the OS that sold them. I think it's a combination of that and Aplle basically giving them the finger. That's bad for business. Look at how much potential revenue they are going to lose over this.
26. stealthd (unregistered)
yes, they do need more proofs
39. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
They probably wanted android because apple has most of their factories over sea's and won't bring $$ back to the US.
But what do I know
8. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Atleast its somthing positive thats goin on with the US gov this year
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Wow.. Apple doesn't allow the military of their own country to access the iOS code.
In other words - Apple doesn't care about saving the lives of the soldiers who defend their country (The military doesn't need smartphones for Angry Birds. It needs them to save lives) - the very country on which Apple exists actually. All it cares about are trolling patent suits and $$$$.
25. stealthd (unregistered)
Are you capable of posting anything that isn't riddled with logical fallacies?
28. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Are you capable of posting something that could disprove or discredit my statement?
44. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im actually interested in these fallacies.
there is a reason you dont see many stories about apple doing nice things for people.. because they dont do many nice things for people.
55. baldilocks (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Most of the people who frequently post comments here are incapable of that.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the way are goverment is run.. good ridance.. next thing you know they will mess perfection that is the iphone...
13. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
lay off the kool-aid nothing is "perfection" stupid cock face
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
sorry cant concentrate.. have to look at your avatar..@
41. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
LOL! I was in a joyfully antagonist mood after the truely shocking news about iOS crashing more than Android. Figured now was the perfect time to let my geek flag fly.
29. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Aren't you the one who said that the gov and army were still considering ios when this info was only a rumour. Now, guess what?! They did and found out that ios is just a plain stupid app launcher. ahahahahahhaha
32. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
@ Gallitoking Do you realize how much of a tool you sound every time you troll? If you actually beleive the iphone is perfect you clearly are the most ignorant and blinded fool I have ever seen. Nothing is perfect, yes that's right not even Apple. Time to wake up and stop drinking the apple koolaid already. I don't care if you hate android but you sound like a complete brainwashed fool with no mind of his own.
16. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Great job Android
btw what happen to taco and the miz?? only "cock" is here that's sad!
17. jove39 (Posts: 1875; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
So from now on android will have two releases...civilian and military spec :)
19. ph00ny (Posts: 1244; Member since: 26 May 2011)
IIRC, Apple still doesn't have FIPS cert for iphones
20. Pings (Posts: 303; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I can just see it now 5-7'' pip-boy like Androids. Then hook one of these to a drone for a birdseye view. Just launch the AirForce app and drop some bombs with a touch from your device. Front facing camera for orders and keeping in touch with loved ones. Maps with all sorts of info. It would need some kinda of safety features so someone just cant pick one up off a dead soldier and get info off of it.
21. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Wow, the US making the wrong choice again just like when they decided to enact the new healthcare plan from Obama.