UPS delivery guy steals FedEx iPad delivery, but it all gets caught on camera
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 09:18 posted on
This Holiday season is a bit hectic - buying presents from everyone you often cannot make it to the store and have to order it all online…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. android_hitman (unregistered)
proof that people are really stupid
5. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Yup. his action probably just costed him his job.
13. LionStone (Posts: 730; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Probably? This has to be the easiest bust ever...plus he'll have a felony on his record! What a gift to himself!
15. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Him losing his job is now the least of his problems, very stupid.
17. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12069; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I know the iPad is a steal but this is wrong.
18. rawkuss (Posts: 29; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
LOL. probably the mini-Ipad. You must be rich because $329 is not a steal.
22. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Maybe FedEx should use this for a commercial against UPS... "Oooops, who do you trust".
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3616; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Company should keep a strict rule not to open packages meant for someone else!
And what was the guy thinking???
6. cripton805 (Posts: 1433; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I think thats extremely obvious and it's probably a felony.
3. speed4evr (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Some people have no respect towards other people, some people's actions still amaze me!
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
orrrrrrr, he just picked up the wrong package. In his mind, he won't leave the package because it might get lost. :O
8. cripton805 (Posts: 1433; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
He looked at it before he put it under his tablet thing. Clearly it was Fedex.
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Douche bag. I hope he enjoys "no job and no money" and jail time
9. cripton805 (Posts: 1433; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
In California, anything over a value of $400 is a felony. So, this guy could be screwed depending where he lives.
11. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Considering that if he's caught stealing something that costs ¢40 he'll most likely be fired, he's screwed no matter where he lives.
21. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Actually, that section of the Penal Code just got updated. 487PC Grand Theft is now $950.00.
10. android78 (unregistered)
You just hate to see this, you have xmas gifts on the way for your love ones and this animal takes the package for himself. I have no remorse for a person like this, not only should he lose his job, a jail sentence, and emotional damages lawsuit should be paid to the family.
14. LionStone (Posts: 730; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
So sad, first it was people following around the UPS guys and swiping the packages after they leave...now its the UPS guys stealing the packages!!! Oh the irony...and he had such a cush job!
19. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Maybe he didn't steal it. Just hold on to it when owner comes home.
20. itzmando (Posts: 115; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That's horrible but no surprise to me. I have had horrible experience with UPS.
2 years ago, my sister(who is in the AirForce) purchased and shipped a $1,200 Watch for my father and an award plaque for my mom, since she was stationed upstate California for Xmas and when the UPS guy dropped it off the box was damaged and opened. It was covered by their insurance.
Someone stole it, we notified UPS that our package was stolen. They couldnt find out who stole it, and we didnt get any compensation for the lost watch.
Along with last year I ordered simple phone, tablet and macbook cases about 5 ($70 total) through ebay and the shipper went through UPS. so again in December I only received 2 cases which I notified the seller they were not responsible. I contacted UPS and they said sorry there is nothing we can do.
I was seriously shocked but isnt there a like a huge liability for a company who loses customers packages and should be compensated.
24. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
It was delivered to the wrong address, simple as that! Lucky the second guy figured it out in time!
25. rsiders (Posts: 866; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
That's why expensive or valuable items over $50 in value shouldn't be left at a residence unattended. It could've easily been a random neighbor that thought this package was a steal as well. But what an idiot.
26. GoBears (Posts: 448; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Scumbags everywhere. Such a great world we live in lol.
27. kindlefireowner (Posts: 503; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If the driver is in any type of union, he is not going to lose his job. All he has to do is claim he was stressed out, at most he will get a smack on the wrist.
28. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
The way you all are describing the guy, makes it sound like he killed all the kids in Connecticut.
29. techloverNYC (Posts: 601; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
guess wat....the guys black!!!!!!!!
JK guys im not racist, im a minority myself.
31. Negzmazin (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Uhgs, figures I find something like this as I am waiting for UPS to deliver a few smartphones. :( Bummer that the video doesn't work anymore. I don't get my package today I am going to be lot upset! This guy has to be a complete f-tard. Someone on slashgear said ups drivers make good money. They only make $18-$22hr, still its good enough to be able to leave other peoples stuff alone.