Motorola DROID X MB810 Review | Specification
It now appears that the DROID X has sold out on-line too, with it now showing a shipping date of July 23rd.
Here are some image and videos from different Verizon stores.
1. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
So, which way will we have to hold this phone???
25. vzw fanman (Posts: 1976; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
seeing as you spelled it wrong, i think you're full of shit.
33. gambino37 (Posts: 146; Member since: 16 Oct 2009)
Not only did he not spell Motorola correctly, but also sandwich. LMAO What a retard.
34. jherz6 (Posts: 216; Member since: 23 May 2008)
Atleast the Droidx EARNED the 9.5 it got. Iphone 4g = Equipment Recall. A software reconfig will not fix the problem.
2. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
Anyway you want to hold it. Its on VZ, they wouldnt take a phone that didnt work. They better have plenty available online. I have been waiting for a rep to call me about ordering one. Im on vacation or I would have just gone to a store to buy one.
4. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
yup thats me. i love my iphone. and you know i have already said i am switching. I am taking a chance on a moto phone. They rate up there with nokia anymore.
35. jherz6 (Posts: 216; Member since: 23 May 2008)
The stores are selling them first come first serve. You should have pre-ordered yours.
5. 06LTNox (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
You can't expect to not sell out on day one, the true test of inventory is how fast will they be restocked. It seems like the big V did the right thing sending the quantities out that they did. That allowed them not to over stock one store, but keep enough in their own warehouses to meet their online, phone, and store orders today. Remember they are shipping all of these phones out today next day. So far I think VZW and Moto have done this right so far.
6. Gowireless (Posts: 85; Member since: 23 Feb 2010)
ok lil iphone fan boys stop hateing on the X you guys do -1 an dont even post why put that iphone in the blender or trash can where it belongs
10. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
Gowireless minus 1, What are you saying? Go have mommy help you with your writing.
12. Gowireless (Posts: 85; Member since: 23 Feb 2010)
hawk your a dumb ass the iphone fan boys like yourself r putting-1 on all of the comments keep useing your crapple they need all the supourt they can get right now
13. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
agian get your mommy its you are not your haha
15. smimi15 (Posts: 21; Member since: 05 Apr 2008)
Actually: "Again, get your mommy. It's 'you' not 'your'." Haha. Impressive spell checking someone when you can't spell/type.
18. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
ok, so i made a typo in "again" oops. Oh well, bound to happen while on vacation at the beach, drinking, watching the kids, having dinner. What are you doing? Working? Sitting in mommy's basement?
42. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
So let me get this straight...you vacation'n on the beach and you are still postin on Phonearena? That doesn't reflect the exciting lifestyle that you are tryin to make us think you have...
55. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Gowireless I give u a -1 because you posted that before any iPhone comments were made, well except for jokes about holding it, lol, what are you being angry about? Phantom iPhone fanboys? On a related note, a vzw rep let me play with it the day before release(at a kiosk) and I gotta say the X is fuckin nice! Like it way better tHan the evo. Kinda hate the camra portion being so thick, but I like the phone.
7. Caligula (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Jun 2010)
does it come with task killer, memory booster and needs rebooting and the battery out a few times a day like my POS droid?
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3262; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Sounds like bad apps. The Droid is solid. Master rest might help.
21. jbroots3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Jan 2010)
Motorolla = shit sandwhich htc incred will last longer, evo even better. wait for a galaxy s
26. vzw fanman (Posts: 1976; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
the galaxy s doesn't have a status light or an HDMI output.
30. oxidantdroid (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Apr 2010)
Jesus, there is dumbass people on this thread, Motorola is not a shit sandwich... whatever that means, take it from someone that actually works for Verizon the Droid is awesome, why .... because its never comes in with problems it never has issues, so keep your mouth shut unless something smart is going to come out, even though very unlikely.
32. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
it has DRLN...or something like that...
53. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
that sounds like a droid for you. the latest pile of shit from motorola will be no different.
37. jherz6 (Posts: 216; Member since: 23 May 2008)
8 Hours talk time, 220 hours stand by. However Droidx will have a extended battery coming soon.
51. cc16177 (Posts: 312; Member since: 09 May 2010)
I've been using mine pretty solid since I bought it yesterday, and coming from someone who had 2 batteries for my Moto Droid and went through both full charges on both batteries every day, the battery life on the X is outstanding (given the screen size). By outstanding I mean basically the same as the Moto Droid, maybe a little bit better... but I am a VERY heavy user.
9. VZWEMPLOYEE (Posts: 34; Member since: 13 Jun 2009)
We are getting drop shipments of Droid X's tomorrow via UPS. We are open from 9-9 tomorrow come get your Droid X tomorrow
46. josuearisty (Posts: 148; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Low sells on vibrant (galazy s) on t-mobile.
48. four_zero40 (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)
I've never actually seen an advert on the Vibrant. How do you expect to sell a phone with no advertisements?
17. verizonseller (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Our store is not sold out, we have 6 left, and that goes for many of us. The corporate stores might be out, but try calling around to your other local Verizon retailers. We don't always have the option to advertise, and we don't get referrals from customer service like the corporate stores do, which explains our availability.
54. ICanAffordVZW (Posts: 123; Member since: 15 Dec 2008)
What explains your availability is your fellow indirect agents acting shady and giving VZW a bad name. If i were to buy from a store i would nver do business with an authorized retailer. Not even for an accessory.
56. verizonseller (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
I'm sorry for whatever you have gone through at the hands of whatever retailer you went to, but you shouldn't pass judgement on us all. Look for the words "premium retailer" when you search for a Verizon store, and you will come to a short list of stores that are held to much higher standards than your average kiosk.
19. awesomeanthony (Posts: 51; Member since: 24 Dec 2008)
I love how when I went to my Verizon store there was a guy comparing his iPhone to the X by putting it on the Driod. I could not hold back from asking,"Are you switching to Verizon?" He replies, "Yeah." I was like, "That is the best move you can make.":)
22. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Very glad that i preordered this phone ,it is so worth it. Im very happy with my purchase.
38. jherz6 (Posts: 216; Member since: 23 May 2008)
As am I however I was on there doorstep when the opened, got the first one sold in that store.
24. VZWEMPLOYEE (Posts: 34; Member since: 13 Jun 2009)
I would not buy from an Auth Retailer ever they are a scam only good for new lines and treat you like garbage if you have an issue or just an upgrade.
40. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh really? Because where I come from it's the exact opposite. My indirect store chain has salespeople who take very good care of all customers, because they're all potential sales, either today or down the road. In fact, I've had customers buy from me PRECISELY because I don't bullsh.it them or treat them like crap. On the other hand, the direct store down the road from me is the opposite. You don't get much help unless you're there and you're going to buy. Your salespeople aren't your customer service people, and vice versa. Here, I'm sales AND customer service. I have to take responsibility for the customers who buy from me, because I don't have the option to simply shove them off onto cust. Service like you do. So, before you run your mouth making gross generalizations, get your facts straight.
43. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Well Sniggly, practice what you preach...don't generalize. Every corporate store doesn't fit the picture that you are tryin to paint. So you sir, get your own OPINIONS straight.
44. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'm not generalizing all stores, direct or otherwise. When I was in warranty department I dealt with a few direct stores scattered through the country which had great techs and customer service who were more than willng to help customers whom I couldn't. I was just using my store chain and the direct store down the road from me as an example of why he SHOULDN'T generalize. If he does his job well too, then good for him. But he shouldn't disparage indirect agents. We have to deal with higher prices and fewer technical capabilities compared to directs.
27. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Corporate employees are goons, I love this guy above me.
28. markymark22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Got my Droid X!!!! First in line in Amherst, NY!!! This phone is sick
29. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
MAYBE its not the demand maybe it verizon seeing if their towers can handle the load.
39. jherz6 (Posts: 216; Member since: 23 May 2008)
Better then AT&T and the Iphone. The advantages of being the largest 3G network.
31. jacksp (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Nov 2009)
Isnt selling out of something day of a Good Thing for a Company? It drives interest.
41. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, let's see if Moto keeps up the quality standard the Droid had. This new one's a beast, but when I have the money to buy a Verizon phone for my employee plan I'll probably just get the original Droid. It's a classic by now, there's no denying it. But even if some problems surface with the Droid X, I'll guarantee you'll at least get reception. Moto's been making radios for over a century. One thing they've never fu.cked up on their cell phones is reception/call quality.
47. josuearisty (Posts: 148; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
excelent, i think they are really sold out
49. Mightymack (Posts: 74; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
i got my first paycheck yesterday. thinking i was going to leave the bank with my money, my dad and brother tells me to just wait to get the phone tomorrow or satarday. now im telling you all this.....if i go up to that verizon store and that phone is sold out...some one is getting their butt kicked!! lol
50. southcentralpa (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
I had two Droid X's reserved for me at the Rockville, MD store. I picked mine up at 11am. The sales rep told me the store received 70 of them and that they had just sold out of them. The Verizon network was slammed yesterday around here with everyone downloading new apps and playing with their phones. Seems much better today.
52. markymark22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
I thought thought the network up by Buffalo,NY was excellent yesterday. Speedy downloads....love verizon and my new Droid X!!
57. VZW_Phone_Whore (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Oct 2009)
We still have 10 Droid X's at our store. and we have 1 HTC Incredible left. Maybe the last one on earth lol. Jk. But ya we do have X's. Let me know if your interested.