x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

*UPDATED* LG Chocolate 3 to be released July 13th

0. phoneArena 10 Jul 2008, 02:04 posted on

Verizon's new Chocolate 3 will be a flip phone with 1GB memory...

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:42

25. jrcrow (unregistered)

lol!...again, another crippled..well..whatever you wanna call it phone!.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 17:53

lol i like how people are angerd at the phones being "crippled" keep in mind its a damn phone. and its meant for one thing. so all of you people who expect to get handed everything you want in a phone keep wishing and if you dont like the phone dont buy it and move on to a different phone that will let you wreck the damn thing so you void the warranty. have fun

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 09:25

Maybe if Verizon would just release phones that allow the user to enjoy all the features promised by their devices without lockouts people wouldn't have to void their warranties to get what they paid for. If you're buying a phone to just make calls you won't be buying one like this. They make cheaper ones that serve that purpose just fine.

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 17:32

if it werent for said lockouts to certain devices, than it would potentially compromise the integrity of not only the phone but also to the network

posted on 09 Jul 2008, 07:10

Right. We all know how often Bluetooth OBEX and the ability to set your own files as ringers brings down a cellular network.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 21:48

the chocolate lg 3 is awesome i cant wait to buy it!!!! rock on verizon!

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 17:29

30. SilverPearl (Posts: 31; Member since: 08 Jul 2008)

I'm hoping the new chocolate doesn't have as many problems as the older 2. I'd love to sell more music-centric phones that don't get replaced every other month for warranty issues....

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 05:17

35. annony-mouse (unregistered)

Um... Is it just me or is there also a typo in that picture taken from the testman site? Why would one color be a 2.0 MP camera, and One be a 1.3 MP camera, but still be the same phone, same price, same launch date... Any comments? hehe.

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 10:58

38. C-Chickie (unregistered)

Hmmm... I hope it would be a typo because thats just werid.

posted on 11 Jul 2008, 22:46

It is a typo. You can check out the phone on verizon's testman site athttp://testman.verizonwireless.com Once your there just change your zip code location to 99999 and the phone will appear in the list of cell phones.

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 10:02

This is Sprint Lg Music and Fusic that was released years ago especially with the FM transmitter. Verizon is so behind in releasing phones.

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 13:57

i dont know is you realized this but the fusic and the chocolate 3 are different phones. also lg is the one that made these phones, not verizon and sprint

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 21:03

Its the same features minus the memory slot and headjack. This phone is nothing new because old technology.

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 11:12

39. Kozaczki033 (unregistered)

Is it just me (idk it this matters of course) but on the update picture notice that there is a difference in the camera's on the black and light blue model? One says its 2MP and the other 1.3MP. Its probably a typo but that is the first thing i noticed...

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 13:57

this was mention earlier

posted on 10 Jul 2008, 20:41

I am definitely getting this phone as soon as it comes out I have the 8350 and it sucks!!!

posted on 12 Jul 2008, 23:52

this is anonymous from #5 above.... the choc3 is out... its 12:30Am on the 13th... I will NOT be getting the choc3 flip as verizon is forcing the upgrade to the national plans with this phone. I like my 450 minutes and $5 for 250 messages.. .why should I pay $60/month for that? F verizon.. time to find a new carrier once my america's choice is no longer valid. Srory verizon, even your dare and choc3 isnt enough to get me to spend that much to have funny txt chat with my friends... time to find another carrier.

posted on 13 Jul 2008, 13:40

uhhh you can still do a national 450 min plan with a $5 txt option for 250 messages (for camera or non camera phones). just activated a customer yesterday with it. sales reps WILL tell you tho we dont have those plans anymore cuz they wanna push the select plans.

posted on 13 Jul 2008, 20:59

Thx... (this is the same guy from#5 and #54).. good to know you can do it in store but you can't do it online. If you upgrade online you are forced to do the upgrade... good to know you can still keep the old plan though... Maybe I'll try it out... will probably avoid it since I'll loose the $50 online rebate. thanks!

posted on 15 Jul 2008, 22:39

The new plans out now cost the same as the old plans. The only difference is now using mobile web and media center(get it now) cost you pure mega byte instead of taking away airtime.

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 14:14

how can you saw the new plans and old plans cost the same???? The America's Choice plan, you paid 39.99 for 450 minutes and could surf forever night and weekends.. now, you MUST have a data plan for anything data related. and there is no more $5 for 250 text messages... with my company discount, my bill is a little over $40/month... to get anything close to what I have now with the National Plans, I'll be paying over $60... and surfing the web is priced per megabyte? and you pay for thier ads? yea, there's a great deal... looks like I'll be going to T-Mobile first chance I get just to maintain a manageable price plan...

posted on 18 Jul 2008, 00:56

With the new National plans you can get 450 minutes for 39.99 and mobile web is accessible at 1.99 per megabyte (I think that's like 20 web pages on the cell phone). But anyways you can also still get the $5 for 250 text. That hasn't changed. And if you want unlimited web instead of paying 1.99 per mb, you could always pick up the vcast package for $15. Verizon's always had that as an option and you get unlimited data with that package. And with the America's Choice plans you had to pay $5 a month just to web, and it took away from your minutes. But with the new plans you can look at 40-60 web pages a month and it'll cost you $4-6 and doesn't take away from your minutes. So it's like almost the same you'd be paying per month. With the new National Plan you get your 450 minutes plan for 39.99, add in your $5.00 250 text, and say you use the web a bit throughout the month and view 40-60 pages. Your plan will cost the same price you've been paying. And even if you left Verizon why would you go to one of the crappiest companies? T-mobile get real. Just remember you get what you pay for.

posted on 15 Jul 2008, 22:41

Has anyone been able to try out the FM transmitter? I was wondering how well it works. Like is it radio quality when your listening to your music in the car?

posted on 28 Jul 2008, 08:58

54. vurrunurr (unregistered)

Fm transmitter was the whole reason why I bought it. i've had it for two days. I'm not really happy with the FM transmitter quality in my car but it seems to work better in my wife's (2003 versus 2007 Elantra, aftermarket stereo versus factory stereo). It plays fine over my home stereo system as long as it is near it. It is very sensitive to where you place it in the car, it makes noise when you move it around . And good luck finding an empty radio frequency in a city (manual recommend a frequency that is empty between other empty frequencies for optimal sound quality) ! It transmits over the radio station signal but there is more background noise. I've been able to get good stereo quality with varying luck, maybe I haven't found the right frequency yet, although I've tried a bunch. Signal quality keeps changing as I drive around and I don't like messing with the phone when I'm driving. I would much rather connect it to an auxiliary port, easy enough with the 3.5 jack, but I don't have one in my car. Picture quality is pretty good, it is easy to use. Rhapsody software is giving me hard time transferring my existing music to the phone though. It says 8 sec and 5 min later nothing is still happening. It worked fine the day before. I haven't been able to figure out how to use Windows Media Player Sync option yet, it can't find the device. I think Rhapsody might be the only way to get the files on it. I like the phone overall. I'll keep it if I am able to work my way around the quirks.

posted on 09 Aug 2008, 19:16

55. mun (unregistered)

can u save sounds in pix messages to use as ringtones??

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 18:32

I just got this phone and I must admit that its pretty awesome! My fave feature is the the video thing. You can make vids for up to an hour.