*UPDATED* First information on the Palm Treo 850
This article contains unofficial information.
UPDATE - BGR is now reporting specs for the 850, though these are still to be considered rumored. RAM was previously reported at 100MB, so obviously the full picture isn't completely clear yet.
- 14 mm in thickness, width 60 mm and length 113 mm
- GSM, EDGE and UMTS HSDPA 3.6
- Wi-FI b/g
- 320×320 screen, touch panel
- micro-SD slot under the battery
- 2 MP camera
- 1500 mAh battery
- A micro-USB connector for both power and sync
- Bluetooth 2.0 EDR + A2DP, 256 MB NAND-Flash (> 175 MB for user), 32 MB SDRAM
- Windows Mobile Pro 6.1
1. Lamobile (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
Does Palm know what innovation means?
10. (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2008, 19:34 0 0
2. (unregistered) posted on 21 May 2008, 17:34 0 0
come on with it palm. u will get my business. i currently have a 755p. i like buttons instead of all touch screen anyway!
3. JoeyStyles posted on 22 May 2008, 08:12 0 0
The windows verison of the Centro, I like it. Palm please go back to the drawing borad on the 800W and just drop this for now
4. (unregistered) posted on 22 May 2008, 10:43 0 0
BUTTONS. I work for a sprint store and even our Palm rep wont even use the centro...Please use the old style of keys i absolutly hate the new buttons :S
5. smilepak (unregistered) posted on 22 May 2008, 11:56 0 0
Man, Palm should might as well close shop. Their innovation has been subpar in recent years. Every devices they've released from the original treo up until now has been minor improvement from the previous. No major improvement and "WOW" factor. The screen on this 850 looks horrible, given today technology trend (compared with BB Bold and other devices). Screen is still small, form factor no major changes, delay in releases as usual. Sheesh!
6. jrcrow (unregistered) posted on 22 May 2008, 14:30 0 0
hmm..I would say..Centro with different buttons..same winblows OS..man when r they gonna work on Linux OS that I heard bout so many decades ago!...;-(
7. Jazrock (unregistered) posted on 23 May 2008, 11:02 0 0
Its easy to say they need to do this and they need to do that from behind your computer screen isnt it? Palm is sticking with the same form factor because people keep buying it, there are many people who have gone from the Treo 600 all the way to the 755p! If it aint broke dont fix it. Keep on keeping on palm.
8. (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2008, 13:16 0 0
that would be great, except that palm is bleeding market share, losing money and being lapped by rim in the smartphone market. there are definitely die-hards, but the numbers dont lie and palm is in undeniable trouble
9. (unregistered) posted on 26 May 2008, 14:16 0 0
iphone palm qwerty looks decent but the other iphones are mucvh better, saying that this phone will probably be top 5 ever! yes apple, bring us some more excellent phones! best apple yayayayaq
11. (unregistered) posted on 28 May 2008, 19:43 0 0
PALM- Maybe if you change the style of your current models to something actually good looking and innovative, then maybe just maybe I'll buy your products. The only palm product i'd use right now is something you guys don't carry, and by "palm product" i mean like lotion or lubricant that i'd use while i'm m@$terb8ing to how good my Blackberry is!
12. (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2008, 13:46 0 0
How are they still in business
13. UK COUNTRY (unregistered) posted on 21 Nov 2008, 10:17 0 0
Yes, I bought PALM TREO 650>>>> MY PROBLEMS WAS THE PHONE TONES ALWAYS NOT CLEAR AT ALL..I LIKE THE STYLES BUT PLEASE LET MAKE SURE THE NEW NOW SHOULD BE THE BEST OF ALL SO THAT WE HAVE A CONFIDENT TO USE IN BUSINESS WORLD ESPECIALLY IN THE INTERNET.....THE NEW STYLE IS VERY BAD STYLE AND ALSO HOPES THE STYLE LOOKS DECENT THIS TIME BUT.... I SEE IN THE PICTURE VERY CHEAP KIND OF INVENTION OR STYLE POOR...POOR ... POOR.. INNOVATIONS!!!! WAKE-UP NOW>>> PALM TREO 850