UPDATED 10/2: New images of the Motorola Droid (Tao, Sholes) running Android
source: HowardForums (wnrussell)
Motorola Droid (Tao, Sholes) Preliminary Specifications
UPDATED October 1st: New images
UPDATED October 2nd: The name of the device has changed once again and is now labeled the Motorola Droid.
It also appears there will be a designated site for the phone at motoroladroid.com which is registered at Whois.Net.
11. prettyboy1974 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 10:28 0 0
No, no their not. This is moto they will find a way to mess this up!
40. tonyc_42 posted on 03 Oct 2009, 15:56 0 0
how can you possibly say "i want it!" about this device with such little info about it?? this is the perfect example of why phones get bad reputations when they come out because stupid people get it just because it looks cool and get pissed off as soon as it doesn't do every little thing they expect it to. do a little research before getting into devices that you probably can't handle people!!!!
3. xcalibur posted on 30 Sep 2009, 01:10 0 0
look's like it will be a great phone hope it support's multitouch, and the squared design makes it look like the touch pro from verizon which wasn't an attractive phone
5. techie123 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 07:55 0 0
Ditch the slide out keyboard (it just makes the device too thick) and it's a winner.
8. 22ADin09 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 08:58 0 0
i'm wondering the same thing....the Tao seems thinner than most slide out qwerty phones to me..
13. traedmark posted on 30 Sep 2009, 13:58 0 0
I may be mistaken, but I thought preliminary specs showed this phone to be just slightly thicker than the iphone.
19. techie123 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 18:31 0 0
Anything more than .6 inches is too thick in my opinion. The T-Mo MyTouch is a much nicer phone to put in your pocket than the original G1. It only takes a couple of extra millimeters to make a phone too thick for my shirt pocket. The iPhone is just about as thick as I'd want.
9. becazican (unregistered) posted on 30 Sep 2009, 09:36 0 0
when is it coming out, i want the slide out keyboard left, and it is thin. verizon relaease this damn phone
10. josuearisty posted on 30 Sep 2009, 10:26 0 0
I wanna get this phone, seems to be a good competitor in phones market
12. PapaJay224 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 13:28 0 0
I just hope it not pressure sensitive, they feel so cheap when they have pressure sensitivity. The Storm is seriously the only exception because the screen doesnt flex when you push it, its a solid piece of glass. I hope this is like that.
15. artz1986 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 14:05 0 0
I thought all Android handsets, besides the Tattoo have capacitive screens
14. artz1986 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 14:04 0 0
so this is pretty much a grown-up CLIQ? I'm still iffy w/ the design, but should be pretty good.. Now, at&t, I'm waiting on you to get an Android handset...
16. mthoren68 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 14:08 0 0
I am thinking it is going to come down to this, the HTC Imagio and the Omnia 2. Assuming this is not too much thicker, this gets the nod for Android and the keyboard, Imagio gets the nod for being a little stronger on the business end, and Omnia 2 will be a little thinner and have the AMOLED screen plus probably the best camera of the bunch. This is gonna be a close one.
17. PhoneArena Team posted on 30 Sep 2009, 14:46 0 0
The Samsung Omnia 2, HTC Imagio, and Motorola Tao will all have a 5MP camera. We'll have to wait and see which one has the best quality pictures.
18. VZWfangirl posted on 30 Sep 2009, 17:07 0 0
The Tao will. Picture quality is the best I've seen on any phone.
20. techie123 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 18:35 0 0
The best thing Android has going for it is that it's so tightly integrated with all Google services that I use: gmail, calendar, contacts, google voice. Although there is a sync app for WinMo, BB and iPhone - the sync is not nearly as good as Android's native integrated Google services.
32. lennydude posted on 02 Oct 2009, 06:26 0 0
I thought the "release" version of the Omnia 2 will have a 8 MP camera?
21. jeffcrawford84 posted on 30 Sep 2009, 18:40 0 0
Does anyone else think that the Back, Menu, Home, and Search keys look fairly cheap? I think they could make them look more professional or classy. They just look a little cartoonish to me, which fits some phones fine, but not a high-end Motorola PDA.
22. xcalibur posted on 30 Sep 2009, 19:06 0 0
looks like no imagination went into the design of the phone.
24. VZWfangirl posted on 30 Sep 2009, 19:16 0 0
Prototype dude. No one Was sent the final product. Only way you'll see the real deal is at the Motorola event.
25. behold--me posted on 30 Sep 2009, 22:26 0 0
ok um i think that this is kinda ugly and its gonna be a really expensive brick. its big and the sides cornered/ un-rounded :(
26. gemini6991 posted on 01 Oct 2009, 08:25 0 0
Lol.. this had better be a prototype, or its going to be one of the ugliest phones on the market...In my opinion. I have the G1 now and of all the Android devices, this one (at least right now) is the least appealing.
27. pathmarkpolice posted on 01 Oct 2009, 10:36 0 0
Is that a gsm sim card bed in the back of the phone? If so, YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH BOYYYEEEEE!!!
28. Rampaj33 posted on 01 Oct 2009, 11:05 0 0
who really cares on how the phone looks its all about functionality and again ITS A PROTOTYPE peole so this is far from a finished product i do recieve from my inside recources and another thing is that a little birdie told me personally that motorola will launch a fake phone from time to time on the net to see what kind of respose it gets. So keep that in mind
29. Sethdras posted on 01 Oct 2009, 11:13 0 0
So i thought this phone was launching mid to late October? is this really a prototype? wouldnt the finished product by out by now?
41. VZWfangirl posted on 03 Oct 2009, 23:44 0 0
Yes Eclair 2.0 has multitouch. I don't know who keeps giving me thumbs down, but get over it and find something better to do. I'm just answering peoples questions.
42. charlie bucket posted on 04 Oct 2009, 09:58 0 0
Don't worry about the negative comments most of us appreciate your input. I personally think the asthetics are good. I'm glad it has the slide out qwerty and 16gb built in mem. is a nice surprise.
31. DonLouie posted on 01 Oct 2009, 21:30 0 0
Papa, the only phone w/a glass screen is the iphone. If I'm wrong I'll gladly own up to it
33. tokuzumi posted on 02 Oct 2009, 07:31 0 0
What's the resolution on that phone? Looks to be greater than 320 x 480.
36. mortis507 posted on 02 Oct 2009, 08:39 0 0
How come that picture with the Camera appears to have a SIM slot...