x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

*UPDATE 4* Sprint's Diamond gets pictured, dated

0. phoneArena 01 Sep 2008, 10:21 posted on

The first shots of the Diamond have leaked out and the phone will start shipping on Sept 14th...

GREAT but when is it coming out for verizon?

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 00:07

if history is any past indication, i wouldnt expect it in 2008

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 00:37

Verizon sucks anyway... they disable features in their phones, and then nickel and dime for every and any extra feature. I speak from experience, I used to work there (and no I am not a disgruntled employee). You should check out Sprint's simply everything plan with this phone. Beats Verizon's hands down with included text, video messaging, unlimited data, Sprint TV, and Nav. You really do get everything. Best plan I have ever had.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 01:11

Yes, you do get everything... including the worst rated company by JD Power and associates, in overall. Which means, connection quality, customer service, overall experience. Who was number one? Oh yes, big red. Simply everything plan get you ... well, what you pay for, I guess. You're right it's cheap (... wait! By "cheap" does mean mean quality of service or monetary pricing?... Yes, and yes)

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 03:57

15. LessthanZach (Posts: 106; Member since: 29 Apr 2008)

I have to agree, you get what you pay for. Damnit I am tired of these Sprint peeps who just instantly bash verizon. Verizon is the easiest company to get bashed which pisses me off because guess what??? JD Powers just rated us number one AGAIN in customer service overall. For call hold time, service for walk in retail and more. Sprint's reception sucks and their cust care sucks. I will pay the extra money to have a better company. It's the same premise behind buying a car....... Kia or Mercedes.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 09:13

Where the heck do you live where Sprint reception sucks? I've lived in Florida, New York, and PA over the last seven years and I've never noticed a difference in service. Sure, every now and then there's a dead spot (Verizon's new marketing saying they don't have those is RIDICULOUS since I'm standing 100 feet from one right now) but all the major carriers have very good call reception. If you're actually trying to tell me that I should pay Verizon 30% more to get everything I get with Simply Everything, I say you're out of your mind. And I'll take my Touch Diamond in Sprint flavor since the Verizon model reportedly will lack the accelerometer(!), the 4 Gigs of internal memory and will have a smaller processor. Oh, and if you're tired of Sprint "peeps" ragging on VZW, maybe you should take a look at how many Verizon folks come on here and constantly rip Sprint. It's a two-way street.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 09:43

I have the Simply Everything plan and I think it's easily the best value out there. In Philadelphia where I live, I get great service everywhere. Heck, if the signal is weak, I roam on Verizon anyway. I'm sure there are areas where VZW has better coverage, but they can't touch the deal that I get. I looked it up and it would cost me something like $700 over the life of the contract for Verizon. This is not bashing Verizon. I'm just relaying my experience. I think some of the Verizon salesmen on here need to recognize that for many people, Sprint Everything is the best option because in many places, the difference in service (if any) doesn't justify the difference in cost.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 10:31

Agree with 26 and 30. I live in Meto Indy and have yet to find a place were I do not get service and have not had a droped call with my Instinct. Most that say Sprint has bad reception have either never had service through them or did in 1996 and still base their opinion on that. I also think they say some of the things they say to try and justify why they pay more for something other get for much less. That's why I left Comcast. They think they can charge more for something I can get else were for less money.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 13:10

Yep I live in NY and the Sprint reception is outstanding everywhere I go. Traveled to Puerto Rico recently and it was spectacular there as well. Their 3G broadband network is the best in the country. I think the red back is an eyesore. It's a shame they would do this to such a cool phone. I will probably pay extra money to remove the back. :(

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 16:41

sprint sucks there the only carrier that is not going with Lte there going with some type of wifi phone service there going down and probly will not exist in 3 yrs haha they lost almost a million customers last quarter what does that tell ya hmmmm why are they trying to give everything away for free hmmmm ask youreself before you stick youre foot in youre mouth and look like an idiot

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 16:52

i live in dallas, texas and back when my family used to have sprint we rarely got reception at our home, and when my brother lived in downtown dallas for a year he could not get reception anywhere downtown. that was like 3 years ago, however. we ditched sprint when they couldn't give us service in one of the biggest cities in the nation. we didn't pay the etf, either.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 19:34

sprint rents verizons cell sites for their service

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 21:38

Bad analogy. Mercedes is one of the LEAST reliable car manufacurers on the market.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 22:35

get a college degree and learn to talk with logical thoughts and complete sentences.

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 06:58

yall prolly live a the boondocks sprint service is exceptional in nyc and i will be leaving my crappy 3g iphone and at&ts crappy service for sprint and the reva speeds.

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 07:00

exactly roaming off verizon is what happnens when i have no service. i rather have a excellent phone with all it features and no sprint service and roam of verizon. verizon phones suck.

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 18:19

74. tkizzle (unregistered)

Sprint's "simply everything" plan is exactly why they're simply losing more customer's every quarter than any other carrier in the game. Cheap plans+wack service=out of business. Get your research game up

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 21:56

There's been a new breakthrough in writing called "punctuation". Perhaps you should look into it.

posted on 17 Aug 2008, 16:26

You just typed all that and you expect us to believe that someone ELSE is an idiot? "youre foot in youre mouth"

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 02:17

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. All of the major carriers have roaming agreements. Reception really depends on how close you are to a tower period (Verizon, Sprint, or another CDMA carrier / ATT, T-Mobile, or another GSM carrier). Sprints problems were mainly due to the Nextel merger and customer service issues do to duplication of departments, different billing systems etc. Sprint has now integrated their billing systems so that will be less of an issue. I would rather go with a better value plan than spend more to a company that disables bluetooth, strips their phones down, and uses tons of propietary bs.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 02:21

I would rather get more services for my money than pay $50 extra a month for customer service. If you really felt that way, you would have been with T-Mobile because this is the first year Verizon came out on top. However, T-Mobile may have great customer service as well, but no 3G and lack of services have kept people from signing up there too.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 06:27

Yeah but with Sprint you get horrible service and terrible coverage. You know it and I know it. Most important feature in a phone is being able to make calls. Why do you think Sprint is losing a million customers every quater? You'll be lucky if Sprint is still around by the time your contract ends.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 13:02

I think you guys are all going to be very suprised about Sprint's customer service from today on. I am a Sprint Employee, and, I don't know if you even realized it, but for the first time in Sprint's history, they closed ALL of their stores yesterday to train ALL employees on a new customer service iniciative. In a couple of months, it will be different. And btw, for the million customers that we lose every quarter, we take in about a half million. Know the complete story before you try to bad mouth something you're not even a part of. That's like me saying your mom's a whore with out even meeting her...is she? Do you know what you're talking about? I believe the answer to both of those questions is a big N-O.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 23:01

92. Your Mothers Boyfriend. (unregistered)

OK dude, obviously you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Big carriers put towers where there is people. Best data network in the country. I don't need data when i go camping, do you? If i'm out somewhere in BFE (Bum F#%! Egypt) offcourse i'm not getting coverage. Verizons claim of deadspots i wrong. Just go look at the coverage tools in all the major carriers. Verizon gives you the option of viewing their network. Sprint breaks it down by EVDO,1xrt, IDEN and Regular nationwide internet. Verizon shows you a great big red area. What you are getting is a guessing game. Comparing xv6800, vs Sprints Mogul, VS AT&T tilt. XV was getting 800kbs in "the network", the tilt was getting 1300kbps, the MOGUL with not as much of a signal bar was getting 2800kbps using skyfire as the browser. Don't talk without facts to back it up. Yes the nextel purchase was a major screwup. But with Dan Hesse as the CEO this company will turn around financialy. I don't wanna pay 40 or 50 dollars more a month for coverage i get everywhere. You have no IDEA how all of this works. And if you want to make calls only get the PANTECH child phone with three buttons and program your 3 friends into it and call them while you're playing dungeons and dragons in your mothers basement. Yes i am willing to admit that verizon has the bigger network. Reliability, speed, features not so much. Yes AT&T has a big network and their 3g is growing.......but having to wait for 20 seconds for the phone to connect to a tower to make calls is ridiculous. Verizon is comming out with their push to talk network ok. Sprint has something called DCS which is their new push to talk network with 4 phones out that work in all areas that have EVDO coverage. Last time i checked it covers 5 times more area than the AT&T 3g network. With faster speeds i might add. And verizons data network is a joke. Go live in the 20th century where phones were used for talk only. I for one will be enjoying my EVDO REV A data card and 2800kbps sprint mogul. Sprint built their network fully digital. Verizon bought up a lot of companies to have the network they have. How much of that network is digital. And yes i am a Sprint employee and know what i'm talking about because i live with it every day. If you have something to talk about go talk about Verizons inferior equipment and phones limited to what they want you to use (and pay for) and come to me when you take a fresh breath with a phone that's unlimited.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 23:10

Hahahaha don't forget that hollier than thou attitude when you fill out your check for your bill this month hahaha

posted on 20 Aug 2008, 01:56

Ha ha... it is not "renting" all of the major carriers have roaming agreements. So I guess Verizon "rents" Sprint's towers when you roam on those.

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 00:53

by the way, just to let you know, simply everything plan is for DUMB PHONES ONLY, where u get ur info from, Data devices have never been able to run on a standard rated service designed for regular phones, and if u worked for verizon, you should know this, can u use a smartphone with vcast service, take a lesson son, cuz ill be laughing at you while u try to use the simply everything plan with an incompatible device

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 01:26

BS

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 04:12

106. phonefan (unregistered)

get your research game up!!! they lost those customers before they announced their Simply Everything PLan, it was a response to thier losses and it worked!!! They have the biggest reduction of any carrier in the U.S in the past 5 years to prove it. You're a know-it-all idiot who knows nothing at all!!!!

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 09:29

Umm whether you have Verizon OR Sprint, you get both networks anyway... Ever heard of roaming? Yeah I don't pay an extra cent for it either. Cheers!