*UPDATE 4* Sprint's Diamond gets pictured, dated

0. phoneArena 01 Sep 2008, 10:21 posted on

The first shots of the Diamond have leaked out and the phone will start shipping on Sept 14th...

GREAT but when is it coming out for verizon?

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 00:07

if history is any past indication, i wouldnt expect it in 2008

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 00:37

Verizon sucks anyway... they disable features in their phones, and then nickel and dime for every and any extra feature. I speak from experience, I used to work there (and no I am not a disgruntled employee). You should check out Sprint's simply everything plan with this phone. Beats Verizon's hands down with included text, video messaging, unlimited data, Sprint TV, and Nav. You really do get everything. Best plan I have ever had.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 01:11

Yes, you do get everything... including the worst rated company by JD Power and associates, in overall. Which means, connection quality, customer service, overall experience. Who was number one? Oh yes, big red. Simply everything plan get you ... well, what you pay for, I guess. You're right it's cheap (... wait! By "cheap" does mean mean quality of service or monetary pricing?... Yes, and yes)

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 03:57

15. LessthanZach (Posts: 106; Member since: 29 Apr 2008)

I have to agree, you get what you pay for. Damnit I am tired of these Sprint peeps who just instantly bash verizon. Verizon is the easiest company to get bashed which pisses me off because guess what??? JD Powers just rated us number one AGAIN in customer service overall. For call hold time, service for walk in retail and more. Sprint's reception sucks and their cust care sucks. I will pay the extra money to have a better company. It's the same premise behind buying a car....... Kia or Mercedes.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 09:13

Where the heck do you live where Sprint reception sucks? I've lived in Florida, New York, and PA over the last seven years and I've never noticed a difference in service. Sure, every now and then there's a dead spot (Verizon's new marketing saying they don't have those is RIDICULOUS since I'm standing 100 feet from one right now) but all the major carriers have very good call reception. If you're actually trying to tell me that I should pay Verizon 30% more to get everything I get with Simply Everything, I say you're out of your mind. And I'll take my Touch Diamond in Sprint flavor since the Verizon model reportedly will lack the accelerometer(!), the 4 Gigs of internal memory and will have a smaller processor. Oh, and if you're tired of Sprint "peeps" ragging on VZW, maybe you should take a look at how many Verizon folks come on here and constantly rip Sprint. It's a two-way street.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 09:43

I have the Simply Everything plan and I think it's easily the best value out there. In Philadelphia where I live, I get great service everywhere. Heck, if the signal is weak, I roam on Verizon anyway. I'm sure there are areas where VZW has better coverage, but they can't touch the deal that I get. I looked it up and it would cost me something like $700 over the life of the contract for Verizon. This is not bashing Verizon. I'm just relaying my experience. I think some of the Verizon salesmen on here need to recognize that for many people, Sprint Everything is the best option because in many places, the difference in service (if any) doesn't justify the difference in cost.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 10:31

Agree with 26 and 30. I live in Meto Indy and have yet to find a place were I do not get service and have not had a droped call with my Instinct. Most that say Sprint has bad reception have either never had service through them or did in 1996 and still base their opinion on that. I also think they say some of the things they say to try and justify why they pay more for something other get for much less. That's why I left Comcast. They think they can charge more for something I can get else were for less money.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 13:10

Yep I live in NY and the Sprint reception is outstanding everywhere I go. Traveled to Puerto Rico recently and it was spectacular there as well. Their 3G broadband network is the best in the country. I think the red back is an eyesore. It's a shame they would do this to such a cool phone. I will probably pay extra money to remove the back. :(

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 16:41

sprint sucks there the only carrier that is not going with Lte there going with some type of wifi phone service there going down and probly will not exist in 3 yrs haha they lost almost a million customers last quarter what does that tell ya hmmmm why are they trying to give everything away for free hmmmm ask youreself before you stick youre foot in youre mouth and look like an idiot

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 16:52

i live in dallas, texas and back when my family used to have sprint we rarely got reception at our home, and when my brother lived in downtown dallas for a year he could not get reception anywhere downtown. that was like 3 years ago, however. we ditched sprint when they couldn't give us service in one of the biggest cities in the nation. we didn't pay the etf, either.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 19:34

sprint rents verizons cell sites for their service

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 21:38

Bad analogy. Mercedes is one of the LEAST reliable car manufacurers on the market.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 22:35

get a college degree and learn to talk with logical thoughts and complete sentences.

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 06:58

yall prolly live a the boondocks sprint service is exceptional in nyc and i will be leaving my crappy 3g iphone and at&ts crappy service for sprint and the reva speeds.

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 07:00

exactly roaming off verizon is what happnens when i have no service. i rather have a excellent phone with all it features and no sprint service and roam of verizon. verizon phones suck.

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 18:19

74. tkizzle (unregistered)

Sprint's "simply everything" plan is exactly why they're simply losing more customer's every quarter than any other carrier in the game. Cheap plans+wack service=out of business. Get your research game up

posted on 16 Aug 2008, 21:56

There's been a new breakthrough in writing called "punctuation". Perhaps you should look into it.

posted on 17 Aug 2008, 16:26

You just typed all that and you expect us to believe that someone ELSE is an idiot? "youre foot in youre mouth"

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 02:17

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. All of the major carriers have roaming agreements. Reception really depends on how close you are to a tower period (Verizon, Sprint, or another CDMA carrier / ATT, T-Mobile, or another GSM carrier). Sprints problems were mainly due to the Nextel merger and customer service issues do to duplication of departments, different billing systems etc. Sprint has now integrated their billing systems so that will be less of an issue. I would rather go with a better value plan than spend more to a company that disables bluetooth, strips their phones down, and uses tons of propietary bs.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 02:21

I would rather get more services for my money than pay $50 extra a month for customer service. If you really felt that way, you would have been with T-Mobile because this is the first year Verizon came out on top. However, T-Mobile may have great customer service as well, but no 3G and lack of services have kept people from signing up there too.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 06:27

Yeah but with Sprint you get horrible service and terrible coverage. You know it and I know it. Most important feature in a phone is being able to make calls. Why do you think Sprint is losing a million customers every quater? You'll be lucky if Sprint is still around by the time your contract ends.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 13:02

I think you guys are all going to be very suprised about Sprint's customer service from today on. I am a Sprint Employee, and, I don't know if you even realized it, but for the first time in Sprint's history, they closed ALL of their stores yesterday to train ALL employees on a new customer service iniciative. In a couple of months, it will be different. And btw, for the million customers that we lose every quarter, we take in about a half million. Know the complete story before you try to bad mouth something you're not even a part of. That's like me saying your mom's a whore with out even meeting her...is she? Do you know what you're talking about? I believe the answer to both of those questions is a big N-O.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 23:01

92. Your Mothers Boyfriend. (unregistered)

OK dude, obviously you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Big carriers put towers where there is people. Best data network in the country. I don't need data when i go camping, do you? If i'm out somewhere in BFE (Bum F#%! Egypt) offcourse i'm not getting coverage. Verizons claim of deadspots i wrong. Just go look at the coverage tools in all the major carriers. Verizon gives you the option of viewing their network. Sprint breaks it down by EVDO,1xrt, IDEN and Regular nationwide internet. Verizon shows you a great big red area. What you are getting is a guessing game. Comparing xv6800, vs Sprints Mogul, VS AT&T tilt. XV was getting 800kbs in "the network", the tilt was getting 1300kbps, the MOGUL with not as much of a signal bar was getting 2800kbps using skyfire as the browser. Don't talk without facts to back it up. Yes the nextel purchase was a major screwup. But with Dan Hesse as the CEO this company will turn around financialy. I don't wanna pay 40 or 50 dollars more a month for coverage i get everywhere. You have no IDEA how all of this works. And if you want to make calls only get the PANTECH child phone with three buttons and program your 3 friends into it and call them while you're playing dungeons and dragons in your mothers basement. Yes i am willing to admit that verizon has the bigger network. Reliability, speed, features not so much. Yes AT&T has a big network and their 3g is growing.......but having to wait for 20 seconds for the phone to connect to a tower to make calls is ridiculous. Verizon is comming out with their push to talk network ok. Sprint has something called DCS which is their new push to talk network with 4 phones out that work in all areas that have EVDO coverage. Last time i checked it covers 5 times more area than the AT&T 3g network. With faster speeds i might add. And verizons data network is a joke. Go live in the 20th century where phones were used for talk only. I for one will be enjoying my EVDO REV A data card and 2800kbps sprint mogul. Sprint built their network fully digital. Verizon bought up a lot of companies to have the network they have. How much of that network is digital. And yes i am a Sprint employee and know what i'm talking about because i live with it every day. If you have something to talk about go talk about Verizons inferior equipment and phones limited to what they want you to use (and pay for) and come to me when you take a fresh breath with a phone that's unlimited.

posted on 18 Aug 2008, 23:10

Hahahaha don't forget that hollier than thou attitude when you fill out your check for your bill this month hahaha

posted on 20 Aug 2008, 01:56

Ha ha... it is not "renting" all of the major carriers have roaming agreements. So I guess Verizon "rents" Sprint's towers when you roam on those.

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 00:53

by the way, just to let you know, simply everything plan is for DUMB PHONES ONLY, where u get ur info from, Data devices have never been able to run on a standard rated service designed for regular phones, and if u worked for verizon, you should know this, can u use a smartphone with vcast service, take a lesson son, cuz ill be laughing at you while u try to use the simply everything plan with an incompatible device

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 01:26

BS

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 04:12

106. phonefan (unregistered)

get your research game up!!! they lost those customers before they announced their Simply Everything PLan, it was a response to thier losses and it worked!!! They have the biggest reduction of any carrier in the U.S in the past 5 years to prove it. You're a know-it-all idiot who knows nothing at all!!!!

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 09:29

Umm whether you have Verizon OR Sprint, you get both networks anyway... Ever heard of roaming? Yeah I don't pay an extra cent for it either. Cheers!

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 09:46

where did you get your info from? i have a blackberry curve with sprint. i am on the simply everything 450 and blackberry service is included in the price. also i have 2 people that work for one of my clients one has a sprint mogul the other a sprint blackberry curve both on the simply everything plan and don't pay anything extra. i can also use my blackberry as a modem for free. still laughing?

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 10:19

the simply everything plan is not just for DUMB PHONE. ALL Sprint phones can be on the Simply everything get your facts right.

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 11:09

This is for #119 the D-Bag VZW fanboy that does not know how to do some research. By the way just to let you know you are WRONG. Lay off the big red kool-aid son we know VZW will sting you on the BB plans but not Sprint and any of the Everything Plans....you just look stupid posting info that is not ture. Maybe you consider BBs and WM phones as "Dumbphones". The only this it does not include is TEP and PAM which with the ##dedugmenu# PAM is an easy fix. Everything GPS: Unlimited maps, turn-by-turn directions and more with Sprint Navigation for Sprint and PowerSource phones, or TeleNav™ for Nextel phones. GPS reliability varies by environment. Sprint Mobile Email: Access multiple personal email accounts in a single application on featured phones. Providers include: AOL, Windows Live (including MSN/Hotmail), Yahoo! and Gmail. Sprint Mobile Email Work: Access and manage your corporate email and contacts on the Samsung Instinct™, and other compatible phones – multiple personal, Web-based accounts too. Supports Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003/2007 accounts (via your phone's Microsoft Outlook client) and Lotus Domino 6.0/6.5/7.0 accounts (via Desktop Redirector software you can download to your PC and then use to direct email to your phone). Sprint Music Premier: 99¢ music downloads and unlimited access to more than 150 channels lets you listen to millions of melodies. Sprint TV® Premier: Your favorite shows on the go with more than 20 channels to choose from including Ellen DeGeneres On-the-Go, Comedy Central, MTV, Discovery, Nickelodeon and more. BlackBerry® Internet Server (BIS): Manage up to 10 different accounts with a simple three-click email setup, and IM on the go with Yahoo!® Messenger, AIM®, Google Talk and BlackBerry Messenger. Please note: BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), which provides secure corporate email access and access to corporate IT administration, is not included and available for an additional cost. Messages: Unlimited nationwide, text, picture and video messages to anyone on any network. Direct Connect® and Group Connect®: Unlimited instant connections, nationwide and at the push of a button. Group Connect is limited to 20 participants on the same network. Talk: Nights, Mon-Thurs. 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.; Weekends, Fri. 7 p.m. - Mon. 7 a.m. Phone as modem or tethering: not included.

posted on 22 Aug 2008, 01:45

Having the nicest customer service in the world doesn't put more signal bars on my phone or reception in small towns! Sprint needs to revamp their customer service, but they also need to beef up their non- 3G areas that are really starting to suck. losing 5,000 here and there soon add up to 1,000,000. If my experience in customer service in Dallas yesterday is a reflection of your training, I really need to find a new carrier quick before the vortex sucks me down with the sinking ship. I was made quite aware that most of the Sprint employees in that store couldn't give a rats butt about good customer service. They were more interested in talking about Hi Def TV than in checking my phone. I found out today that Sprint actually had a network outage and there was noting wrong with my phone. Why can't they just tell me that instead of having me waste 1 1/2 hrs of my time getting my phone checked?! I understand that things happen on networks and I'm OK with that. Just don't lie to me and make me think there is somethng wrong with my phone!.

posted on 22 Aug 2008, 17:54

Sprint? HaHA there goes you credibility

posted on 23 Aug 2008, 18:28

wow i bet you work for verizon ha ha what an idiot. i wonder have you ever had service with any other company they are all the same.... they are all how you make them out to be. if your a problem customer that complains about everything and expects a phone and serive to work perfectly then you are sorely mistaken. you are working with technology here so there will be major down falls to every carrier. i feel sorry you or wait i bet you were one of the many that sprint gave the boot to for complaining to much ha ha ha ha idiot!!!!!

posted on 23 Aug 2008, 18:30

oh wow you showed them.... you didnt pay the etf!!! ha ha ha your a rebel......loser!!

posted on 24 Aug 2008, 23:41

125. albertocab (unregistered)

Sorry, but this comment is towards what this giy said about verizon. Okay, I just went with Verizon a few months ago. I had service with them for a week and it was ok. Not the best service. Customer Service was awful. Not friendly at all. I got so tired of talking to stupid csr's that I cancel my contract with them. Took them 2 months to get my money back and they still charged me $250.00 for service i never got to use. Yes, best service when you sign up but when you have a problem they treat you like crap.

posted on 25 Aug 2008, 00:54

127. Economist (unregistered)

According to your companies quarterly report, they "netted" nearly 1 million customers last quarter.That means that even after you factor in the new customers, Sprint still lost a little less than 3% of their customer base, while VZW and AT&T both had amazing numbers considering how stale the cell industry is in the US. The average household carries close to 3 cell phones per person. AT&T and VZW are the providers taking the market share with hostile intensions. Sprint is doing some good work to try and turn things around, but WiMax was a bad business decision, when most the rest of the world is going with LTE (China, Japan, Europe). All of the major US carriers, and most of the small ones forthat matter have chosen LTE. Sprint regained some points in the stock market, but in 2 years when 4g is the norm, and LTE has expected speeds to be significantly faster than WiMax, sprint will lose is branding of the most powerful network. When it happens, give it 10 years or so, Sprint will fall fast, and fall hard. Just you watch.

posted on 25 Aug 2008, 00:56

*** CORRECTION*** "...they 'netted' a LOSS of nearly 1 million..."

posted on 25 Aug 2008, 08:57

just like VZW RENTS AT&T AND SPRINTS TOWERS AS WELL.... CDMA IDiot IGNORANCE IS BLISS

posted on 25 Aug 2008, 08:58

lmao you are sooo right ha ha

posted on 25 Aug 2008, 10:47

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wimax Why just settle for a 3G "upgrade" and stick to cell phone users only, when you can truly upgrade to something bigger. I thank Sprint for taking the chance on something different.. And it looks like they are in good company.. "On May 7, 2008, Sprint, Clearwire, Google, Intel, Comcast, and Time Warner announced a pooling of 2.5 GHz spectrum and formation of a new company which will take the name Clearwire."

posted on 27 Aug 2008, 09:47

139. sprint employee (unregistered)

i work for sprint and to say that our customer service sucks is not always true sometimes you get the one person who is an idiot but i'd like to think that i am very nice to the customers who come into my store. also verizon does not suck either they use the same network that sprint does so they are very similar in alot of aspects. sometimes verizon gets a "really cool" phone and sometimes sprint gets one. as for sprint losing "alot" of customers that was a one time thing that will never happen again many carriers have lost a sh*t load of customers they just didnt get as much media coverage as sprint did. you have which ever carrier you like no one on this "board" is going to change your mind so why keep argueing?

posted on 27 Aug 2008, 15:46

This might be the most retarded thing anyone on phonearena has ever posted, just in case anyone missed it: Sprint's "simply everything" plan is exactly why they're simply losing more customer's every quarter than any other carrier in the game. The majority of Sprint's churn is Iden customers. 4 outta ever 5 customers that we are losing are leaving because Iden is out dated and no longer a viable nation-wide network. This is definitely not a game son, this is big corporate business and Sprint will make it through what was, admittedly so, a terrible merger. The simple everything plan has reduced churn while giving customer a great plan at a great price. I truly hope that you are not in the wireless industry; if you are, I feel sorry for whatever company you work for.

posted on 28 Aug 2008, 21:43

Sprint reception sucks here in Texas! I have really low reception in my home. Its so low that I can't get my e-mail to work and I am constantly missing calls and messages on BOTH phones! Sprint's answer to all of this is for me to buy two new phones. NOT! I asked them to let me out of my contract a few months early due to all the problems in coverage here, but they refuse to accomodate me. I asked Sprint when we will get 3G service here and they don't have a date set and don't know when they will. AT&T already has better reception all over (my 3rd phone) and they are planning 3G by the beginning of next year. I don't work for any phone company and I have nothing to gain here but voicing my piss poor customer service experiences with the soon to be out of business Sprint.

posted on 29 Aug 2008, 11:20

Simply Everything works on any phone Sprint offers, I don't know what you are talking about?

posted on 30 Aug 2008, 16:52

You do know that Sprint has a trial period to try out your phone for like a month, right? So when you got your phones, why didn't you try them out first and then if they didn't work that well, why didn't you just return it to them. You only have to pay like the first month charge.

posted on 31 Aug 2008, 09:09

no one who ever worked for Verizon would ever recommend Sprint, disgruntled or not liar

posted on 31 Aug 2008, 09:13

lies lies lies if you've lived anywhere North of NYC you would know Verizon & ATT are notciably better than sprint and Verizon beats out ATT in most I've lived in Orlando & Daytona - Verizon was better in both areas Verizon WILL have the accelerometer & the same size processor. Not sure about the 4 gb

posted on 31 Aug 2008, 09:17

try third year, moron

posted on 31 Aug 2008, 10:48

lie # 1 "Just go look at the coverage tools in all the major carriers. Verizon gives you the option of viewing their network. Sprint breaks it down by EVDO,1xrt, IDEN and Regular nationwide internet" - Truth: verizons map breaks down the exact same way, evdo, 1x, etc... Lie # 2 - "Yes i am willing to admit that verizon has the bigger network. Reliability, speed, features not so much" Truth -ask JD power, consumer reports and countless others what they think about that statement Lie #3 " Sprint has something called DCS which is their new push to talk network with 4 phones out that work in all areas that have EVDO coverage. Last time i checked it covers 5 times more area than the AT&T 3g network" Truth - Verizon offers 3 phones (with more to come) on EVDO or 1x Lie #4 - "Verizon bought up a lot of companies to have the network they have. How much of that network is digital." Truth - 100% just for the record, Analog was shut down by the FCC in Feb. ALL carriers in the US are 100% digital " And yes i am a Sprint employee and know what i'm talking about" That figures, only a Sprint employee would rely on half truths, ommissions and all out lies to make your point...get a life...wait, you have nothing better to do because there's no customers in your store for you to wait on

posted on 31 Aug 2008, 10:49

actually Verizon does not rent Sprint towers, on Vice versa

posted on 01 Sep 2008, 17:19

Mercedes actually are horrible cars. You're not getting anything except for a name. They break down very easily. Honda is better than Mercedes if your talking about quality. Unless you're referring to how Verizon charges an arm and a leg and then delivers something sub-par.

posted on 02 Sep 2008, 13:52

What a bunch of whiney losers! No, mine's better! Who cares what some guy or girl in Florida thinks about your favorite carrier's reception in Seattle. And, most of the posters here have mentioned free roaming is now included. Also, T-Mobile and Sprint both now offer a way to get perfect reception in your home or office. Argue all you want, imbreeds! The fact is . . . . we can all find "facts" to support who the best carrier is, but truth be told, move somewhere, check the phones and use the trial period! If another carrier is better in 2 years, guess what? You can SWITCH!

posted on 11 Sep 2008, 00:21

Actually, Iw ould prefer a Kia over a lot of Benz'. LOL. Sprint rocks! Never any problems with any phones or customer service...

posted on 20 Sep 2008, 20:48

u sure about that? i hope they will

posted on 14 Aug 2008, 23:51

Why did they make it THICKER???? This one is 1350mAh, what was the GSM Diamond??? Should I get this on Sprint or an iphone 3G???? I'm currently on Sprint but I'm willing to jump the shark! I would like an honest opinion. Not just some troll post... Thanks! :)

posted on 14 Aug 2008, 23:53

3. a1016neo (unregistered)

Also... How much is this??? (I am the original poster)

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 00:02

The gsm diamond had a putrid 750mah battery. And on the topic of this vs iphone 3g it depends on the att coverage in your area and also if your willing to pay the extra 30 dollars itll cost you as compared to the Diamond on sprint. p.s. i still think those VZW specs in the sprint paperwork are bs, touchflo 3d isnt designed to run on the 7200, and it makes no sense why vzw would need their own version of it considering what happened with last years devices (they were all the same with some minor cosmetic changes)