UK judge rules Apple has to post to its website that Samsung didn't copy the iPad
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2012, 12:17 posted on
Apple's legal setback in the UK took a turn for the more embarassing today, as the judge ordered Apple to post a notice that Samsung didn't copy the iPad to Apple's website and in UK newspapers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
110. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yea let's ignore all the trolling prior to my post
107. R.O.Y.A.L.L.Y (banned) (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
looser ur Apple lost and a big humiliation just like u by
all users in here. half some respect. how could u show
ur face in here. and with along that chicken.
get ur self out from here. where are all ur ifans. its only 2 of u.....
24. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'm a big apple fan, but that is funny as hell! Apple c'mon, and get back to the lab start innovating again and get it going. What's crazy is that apples gone from being know as an innovative company n 2007 (OG iPhone) to a complacent suit happy company in 2012. All I can say as a loyal apple user who wants to see apple dominate the game again is (put that in your pipe and smoke it).
26. smartphonemad (Posts: 42; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
That's what you get for being rotten to the core! Ba dum tisss
27. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
samsung did not slavishly copy the design of apple's ipad! those 10,000 people who bought the galaxy tab can attest to that!
28. ekia007 (Posts: 61; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Nice work from UK judge. hope same thing happen in the U.S.
Apple are you going to have more lawsuits in future? You need to grow up.
29. RangersK (Posts: 63; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I was depressed this morning but am not any more. xD
32. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
AMAZING! This news made my day. Now hopefully Judge Lucy Koh will realize the same thing that the rest of the world does, which is Apple is need to stop suing everyone on groundless claims.
34. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Please notify us when Apple finally complies with the inevitable. We'd like to link to it. The world deserves to know the truth!
36. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Wow, that's like a child's punishment. It makes for a good laugh, but I think Apple should have just paid Samsung for being a bother to them. God knows Apple has enough money for it.
37. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol got to love the uk, better carriers and judges with common sense...
41. downphoenix (Posts: 2687; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Im sure Apple will find its way to either weasle out of this, or will use this to their advantage. They didn't get to the top with fair play.
43. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
"Now Tim. You need to write "Samsung did not copy Apple" 100 times on your website in cursive for all to see".
56. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hahaha this is what i thought of when i read the article..........bwahahaha
44. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Apple just need to sue this Judge and the UK..hahahahahaha
45. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Maybe Judges all over the world will tell APPLE to do the same for their respective country's website. Interesting form of punishment - humiliation....
98. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Yep, I think the Australian 4G ruling about what Apple can and cannot claim gave the UK judge the idea. Good Idea.
46. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I will screenshot the website and make it my avatar on all mobile sites - droidrazr, xda, phonearena, etc...maybe even on ESPN....
48. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
and they must say they copied many other companiesI
51. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I will also add my....
LOL HA HAA HAAA HAA AAAHH HA HA HAAAA LOL LMAO LMFAO
Whew....I got a headache now....
55. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
bwahahaha!!! wow!!! is that why the website was down? this is toooooooo hilarious and i actually like apple...
this is gonna be GOOD!!! can't wait to see it on the site...
57. abdane (Posts: 484; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Hahahhahahha sweet justice !!! Where is taco ? ^_^
58. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
he's on page 2 trying to defend it...lol
60. cobaltox1 (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
finally some real justice has been done!!!!!! i guess public humilliation is the only way apple will stop their stupid war against every company that is doing well and lets hope they start focusing on real inovation wich is the only thing that benefits all of us end users
62. yowanvista (Posts: 338; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I wish Jobs was still alive - this would kill him.
108. R.O.Y.A.L.L.Y (banned) (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
he tried to kill Android but Instead GOD killed him or took him
finally justice ....
what really good news.
67. steven252000 (Posts: 64; Member since: 10 Feb 2010)
We need judges and courts like that here in the U.S.
71. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Taco50 and gallitoking losers of the day lol.
73. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
I still don't understand how ppl who benefit absolutely nothing from this, are so happy. That's just very weird to me.
75. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Who benefits nothing? Anyone who is interested in buying a smart phone or tablet benefits from this as a consumer.
As soon as Apple stops going balls deep against the world patent wise maybe they will come out with something worth buying.
I doubt it.
118. JunkCreek (Posts: 406; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
we benefit of being able to try new innovative yet advanced technology with lower price
122. JunkCreek (Posts: 406; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
none of you want to be advanced? novice enough for you? just be it. be you, be me, be it.
74. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
BTW, think about it. What'll happen if Apple doesn't do it? I'm asking a serious question.
77. steven252000 (Posts: 64; Member since: 10 Feb 2010)
Hmm...maybe be held in contempt of court? Not sure how UK courts work.
78. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
In the U.S. they would be subject to sanctions for not complying with a judges order. Depending on the jurisdiction of the court, Apple could be hit with fines for each day they were in violation of the order. Tim could get some free room and board but with restricted visitation hours if the judge were sufficiently pissed. And, and, and. Rule number 1 in litigation - don't piss off the judge. They can really f*ck your day up.
79. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
*drinks water to clear throat*
83. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The judicial equivalent of "go apologize, give a hug, and stand in the corner for 6 months".
Look iTards, the UK (by way of its judicial system) officially thinks that Samsung doesnt copy Apple. Guess all your one liners are pretty bunk. woopsie.
84. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
Doubt Tim would be in jail for the lawyers own mistakes. they probably throw apples entire legal team behind bars for seeking out patent "infingements"...
85. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
they r gonna say revolutionary iPad was not cheated my samsung galaxy tab........imagine tim cook reading this on his retina display iPad 3!!
87. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Interesting, I'ld like to share this in my FB where I've few ifriends :)
88. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
@Gallitoking u should shut up and stop kissing up to apple we get it the onlyy phone u can afford is a 3gs iphone which is very amazing to you but dude stop backing apple so much its not like theyre paying u. Lmao
114. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
look it goes both ways.. thank you for your concerns but don worry about me.. when there are about dozen fandroids that news like this make their miserable day worth it... that worries me more than anything...
96. jimjam (Posts: 252; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
They should be paying millions in damages as well.
99. matrix_neo (Posts: 328; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
If this happened, it's a big slapped to apple's face. i hope this will happen a day after iphone 5 or the new iphone being launched. LOL
Congrats to Samsung and Android... it's the beginning of sweet revenge!!!
106. Chuck.Norris (unregistered)
This article just published in a usually pro Apple Australian news paper:
read the comments, most of them are people disgusted of apple taking everyone to court. by the way one of the biggest swings away from IOS is in Australia.
115. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
after much thinking i have to admitt Samsung Galaxy tab did not copy the ipad,,,, the ipad sold millions and if Samsung would have copied the ipad it would have sold more then 77 devices... i apologized fandroids... for thinking a Galaxy tab can be in the same league as the ipad... is a different device.. no doubt about it,.
116. BomberXL (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
OMG, Im dying, you dont understand... i had the worst day today, absolute worst, and i came home to this post.... i nearly fell off my chair. This made me smile.
119. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 143; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Now that its clear Apple copied the iPhone and iPad designs from Nokia.. Its interesting to see how they keep on bragging that others copy their designs, ideas.
It seems like it's not how much the competitors copied your products, it's about how successful your competitors are with those products. Apple doesnt bother about n number of products, which are carbon copy of their products, Jealous is a bad bad thing. And hey PA doesn't allow me to use Apple with Cr !!
121. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
U.k judges are smarter than our u.s. counterparts. Wish we have more like him.