UDOO Android/Linux box conquers Kickstarter, bridges the gap between Arduino and Raspberry Pi
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2013, 08:35 posted on
UDOO is an extremely interesting project aiming to bridge the gap between Arduino micro-controllers and the Raspberry Pi single-board computer. It is the best of both worlds supporting simple management of sensors...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. eisenbricher (Posts: 922; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
This is awesome! I had done my final year robotics project using Arduino Duemilanove, and this looks so superior to that one. Very well priced and useful board. I'll probably look into it more and order it :)
2. taikucing (Posts: 594; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
ah, I remember stuff like this in my final project.. Atmel, arduino...
3. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 260; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
The Raspberry Pi is actually a "Linux/GNU" running single board computer. I'm sure it can run Android as well, but I just wanted to clear that up.
4. Zero0 (Posts: 533; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
As far as I know, there are Android ROMs for the Raspberry Pi. That said, it is primarily geared towards desktop Linux. They recommend a Debian-based distribution built for ARM.