UC Browser gets updated to improve the third party browser's speed
How is this improvement in speed achieved? Is it some sort of black magic or witchcraft? Nah, the bump in speed is credited to the use of algorithms that make the browser more efficient in dealing with data retrieval and storage. And the update also brings some new features like the Web Applications Center which allows users to add web apps to the browser. And the new Image Viewer lets you create a photo album effect using all of the pictures on the webpage you're currently viewing.
The UC Browser now has a widget for quick access to the "rich services" on the browser, right from your home page. The update also includes the usual performance improvements and adds support for more regional languages. It's all just a free download away from the Google Play Store.
source: UCBrowser via AndroidAuthority
1. nasznjoka (Posts: 369; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
no way am gonna use this one or opera it's either stock or chrome
8. Shubham412302 (Posts: 321; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
chrome is laggy sometimes but this one is smooth even with speed mode off.
it has better hardware acceleration and even flash support.
2. hafini_27 (Posts: 346; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I tried this browser on both my Xperia Z and the Htc One. Even on the latest version, the browser is really lag when scrolling, wonder why? It is relly smooth on IOS.
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3567; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I use it on my 1520.. It's really smooth.. Maybe its not the app❔
4. jphillips63 (Posts: 191; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
You guys haven't tried puffin then I've yet find a browser as fast as this one
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
UC Browser? All I C is Chrome. Chrome FTW!
11. livyatan (Posts: 811; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Doesn't even have a freaking full screen mode
12. elitewolverine (Posts: 2574; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Not a fan of chrome on my note 3. I used UC on my windows phones and liked it (though still prefer stock for ease) and downloaded it on the Note, loved it ever since. Sorry chrome, not this time (or on my desktop either).
7. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I like Opera Mini on 3G and One Browser (no lags on a single core 800 MHz CPU) for other cases.
9. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I have to admit having used Uc browser on windows phone and found it really good Ibtried the android tablet version and its really good
10. clarkjeferson (Posts: 58; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
Tried stock. A little average. Tried Chrome, too laggy. Had Boat Browser, I loved it.
13. andynaija (Posts: 516; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Dolphin is a really great browser, but I've been having some issues with transitioning from a 4G connection to Wi-Fi. On Wi-Fi it will start saying webpage not available, I hate when it does that, otherwise great alternative to stock and maybe chrome.