UBS: Apple cutting orders for Apple iPhone 5 parts is old news; shares rebound after breaking $500
0. phoneArena 14 Jan 2013, 10:48 posted on
Apple shares briefly traded under $500 on Monday after reports that the company had cut orders for displays and components related to the Apple iPhone 5 because of weak demand for the device; Investment house UBS says that this is old news and that Apple had actually instituted the cuts back in December which gave UBS a reason to reiterate its buy rating on the stock with a $700 target...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
I do not care much about the commercial aspect of the mobile tech world, despite it being so crucifial. What i am looking forward is to products.
21. MeoCao (unregistered)
Bouncing back? Apple is down 3.6% at the moment
28. AnTuTu (Posts: 595; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
End of an era coming soon.
A company shouldn't be arrogant, selfish but should be respectful towards other tech companies. I hope someone would learn a lesson soon.
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It's not Apple, it's the customers/endusers. There is not that much demand for the iPhone 5, it's simple as that. People are discovering that there are better smartphones out there.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Exactly. I'd pick up a One X+ for $199 instead of an iPhone 5. Why? 64GB vs. 16GB, better software, more customization, etc.
9. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I agree other platforms are best at customization... but related with the apps...Nothing can beat IOS apps... as i have been android and ios user.
Android = best customization+ Compatibility+Camera
IOS= Design+Camera+fluid+apps collection.
15. Ninetysix (Posts: 935; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't understand what you want to say by posting this link?
40. joey_sfb (Posts: 1484; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Ninetysix, read this reviews there are 5 top camera phone including the iphone but for you it might as well be one iPhone
23. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
How can Android be = Camera if Android is Operating System and Camera is Hardware ???
19. MeoCao (unregistered)
JB now is very smooth too, and has much better control and intuitive real multi-tasking unlike iOS. main apps now are as good on Android as on iOS, the only real advantage of iOS now is iTunes: better collection, lower price. But Google Play is catching up fast.
And then Android has absolute advantage in choice and affordability.
20. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am so tired of that. Look ALL the best apps in the world are available for BOTH Android & iOS. You are speaking like it's 2009 or something.
Have you tried Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? It's just as fluid as iOS.
This is 2013, things have changed since 2009. lol
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
yea, pretty much...........and you know whats kind of annoying? (not saying that this is soley his fault) but its the "unaware" things stated, like in his comments that paint a very "mis-informed" and wrong attitude towards android.......like you mentioned superandroidevo, it would make us (android) seem as if we havent gained any progress since 4 years ago :(
and most of know that is far from the truth
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It's these people who claimed they have used BOTH Apple & Android. This maybe true but what Android version have they used. Please don't say Android 2.3 Gingerbread. lol
27. mwebber473 (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Aug 2011)
This is true, I've used both an iOS is a faster and more stable OS. I find myself way too often having to remove the battery from my Bionic because the phone is frozen on some app.
I rather have a phone that works when i need it to than to have the flexibility to add widgets, and other customization features.
Furthermore the apps on the iPhone are superior to those of the Android. Although the gap is closing slightly the difference is still quite noticeable.
34. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
The Bionic isn't the best phone to compare to say an iPhone 5. Even I will tell you it is better than the Bionic. That said, the Bionic does not have the power of the newer devices out now nor does it have Android 4.1. 4.1 is extremely smooth. I have the DNA, and not once have I had this device freeze, or have to be reset in any way.
As for the app difference, I disagree with you. My fiancee has an iPhone and the apps we use, including some of the same games, are identical in operation and quality.
What you say may well be true compared to your Bionic, but I beg to differ as it compares to more updated devices.
30. tedkord (Posts: 3416; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Every app I use that both platforms have is just as good on my Android phone as on an iPhone. The biggies are Netflix, Sling Player. Gmail and maps are both better than on the iPhone platform.
Two years ago, yes. Sling player sucked then. But as in every other area, Android made huge strides, and iOS stayed mostly static.
48. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
ya probably , but you should know playstore has more apps than appstore and about fluidity ,jellybean is more fluid and functional than ios6 which came with so called hidden "200" features
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I don't care if it's old news or new news - it's great great news. >:D
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 1751; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I would buy a 5" fullHD Apple phone, let's see what PA fans have to say about this!
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Never going to happen. Why? Apple doesn't believe in using standard resolutions. If they're going to put a high area display on a phone, then they're going to increase it to a "unique" resolution. (1136x640)
10. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
if its above 4.3 inches then its not a phone in my opinion.. if u like that much screen go buy urself a new laptop.
13. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
sure go ahead nobody is stoppin ya!!! good luck carrying a laptop in your pocket...
for the more sensible they have Android...
32. tedkord (Posts: 3416; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Where can I get one of these imaginary 4.5" laptops?
37. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
If apple release a 4.3/4.5 inch iphone 5s will you still buying it? Probably yes
50. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
i guess if apple gave you 4.5 inches phone you would have worship it ,but dont worry u can easily find laptops ranging from 4.4 inches ,lmfao
36. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
well it be nice to see it and then will like to hear them say thoses word it is a perfect size. and then l will call them hypocrites
49. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
sure wait for about 7 years then u will get 1 ..good luck with that
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
45 million iPhones? I don't believe what analysts say anymore. They're only saying this so Apple's stock can go back up.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2707; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Analysts are worst than inside traders/jobbers on stock markets. Anyone remebers Rajat Gupta the insider guy languishing in jail probably? He wsa also from a Big name organization ...
12. Joker (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I wonder how much money did they pumped in to keep Apple stock afloat
16. nofear (Posts: 146; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Apple shot themselve in a foot! becasue its technology old and stale.
17. lauremar (Posts: 178; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Apple has peaked and it has nowhere else to go but down... All the iPhone/iPad users and stockholders at UBS can do whatever they want for damage control but they have to realize this...
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5178; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Cm on lets see dat stock drop down to 50-100$.
26. Pedro0x (Posts: 242; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
What the hell is wrong with apple haters. Apple is a great company and great for buyers and sellers. I serioursly hope that Apple will be okay because it makes a great competition for the other companies.
33. tedkord (Posts: 3416; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And it makes even greater anti-competition, via lawsuits and bullying.
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5178; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
No one wants a anti competitor thats why we hate apple.
42. Droiddoes (unregistered)
"Apple is a great company...because it makes a great competition for the other companies."
Said no one ever.
31. GoBears (Posts: 255; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
We hate them because they stifle innovation with all their ridiculous lawsuits. Just because you like them and think they are great does not mean we all do. I seriously hope they fold under and get out of the way. So the tech world can move forward without worrying about stupid lawsuits. Hope I google aapl tomorrow and see it at 400.
39. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5178; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Please don't use the word innovate apple hadnt innovate anything except their ipods which put them on top of the market.
44. stealthd (Posts: 751; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
It took Android phone makers years to catch up to the level of innovation Apple brought with the iPhone, quit fooling yourself.
47. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Even they are, were crap comparing to Sony Mp3 players.
35. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
that is bull hiding the truth like allways and that is apple an any way soon or later the trues will come out
43. stealthd (Posts: 751; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The fanboyism in these articles is just hilarious. When the stock goes up, or some analyst makes ridiculously high predictions, they say it's just worthless speculation. When the opposite is reported, despite retractions and facts proving otherwise, it's always the "truth". Make up your minds fanboys, you can't have it both ways.