U.S. stopped terror atack planned for New York City's subway in 2009 thanks to NSA phone program
0. phoneArena 08 Jun 2013, 03:08 posted on
With civil libertarians and some congressmen complaining that the NSA's PRISM program is too broad and obtains too much information on individual American citizens instead of focusing on terrorists like it is intended to do, reports are coming out on Friday that the plan might have averted a huge terror attack on U.S. soil...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5152; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The problem is that since everything about PRISM and the other alphabet soup programs is classified top secret and above, no one without a top secret security clearance knows whether the claims made about the programs are true or lies.
I am waiting for someone to claim that PRISM contributed to finding Osama bin Laden.
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
they can even claim that they found unicorns and fairies , even with this incident they never show relevant documents to prove it , that's because they know they are the people behind it and they will blow their own backs in the process
11. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Exactly, US gov murdered not only hundreds of US soldiers in Iraq by lie about mass destruction weapons existence..... Don't trust a word the murder
2. Hammerfest (Posts: 346; Member since: 12 May 2012)
its when stories like this come out of the woodworks you know they are doing everything they can to cover their own arse
this is a common case of "TRYING WAY TO DAMN HARD" to make "THE GUILTY LOOK GOOD"...
As an American, I apologize for my coutry's insanity that is slowly spreading throught the world... MONEY MONEY MONEY POWER POWER POWER
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5152; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Welcome to life in a corporatocracy. :-(
13. papss (Posts: 2868; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I don't apologize for crap.. We've done far more good than bad. I think it comes from throughout into the US. The problem is that we let far to many in without question and they stay here, get an education, teach others how to kill us. When a religion is designed to kill for "their" god if you don't believe then how do you reason with them? We need to stop worrying about hurting feelings
37. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Its no strange thing that you are being preached to hate Muslims by the govt. which is on the verge to make you guys robot and take the place of your GOD. You will not believe the words of Jesus, Muhammed or Mosses but you will believe every word that your govt says. And you should know that "A little knowledge is dangerous" before spreading hatred towards others belief.
39. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Please... Talk about being brain washed... Lets kill ourselves just to make anyone who doesn't believe our religion as fact pay.. I don't know anymore hatred than that. Our founding fathers would roll over in their graves to see us let them come in and spew their hatred willingly. No one is believing everything they the government says.. The funny thing is when extremist announce it was them that did the crime... How are you even arguing against that? I am completely agreeing with Papps on this.
43. kenobi (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
You need to stop worrying about your own pride and feeling when taking the real things and facts and judging comprehensively coz that would be part of growing up
6. amancarlos (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 May 2012)
lolwut, let the stories come, white house! let thy stories come
8. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I feel safe now..:)
10. weedl (Posts: 48; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
now we you know if we want to keep something confidential should never use an email server in us.. because all your email are belong to us.
17. GoBears (Posts: 277; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I really couldn't care less. Whether you like it or not, it has to be done.
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
U rather have our own dumb gov't spy on US n listening too our phone conversation?
19. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Once something else comes up everyone will forget about it and move on anyway.
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
That's right such is our people today, but does you think it is right? I think it is not right.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I blame the Bush administration that started this program.
24. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
That's the way it works in intelligence: Failure is famous, success is silent.
25. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
If there were a little more transparency, they wouldn't have to pull out the damage control PR wagon when things like reports on PRISM surface to prove they've actually been somewhat beneficial.
27. intos (Posts: 83; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
people of goverment are terrorists and criminals with a expensince suits . from us comes all of this ! know how , technology , production, anything we see and we have ! not goverment or any corporation , that the only thing they care is to make the money flow ! the knowlege of goverment is how to cheat people with lies and how creates situation to make people addicted from them
29. MelvinPainter (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
They were not after the terrorist, they were after anyone that disagreed with them. opisshead is the epitiome of a kenyan dictator.
33. joey18 (Posts: 491; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
i dont care if is our security most of terrorist came from airplane looks thos russian guys less the 6 years they are residents i'm latino it took me more then 10 years to get work permit i'm not resident yet so i have to be russian arabian to be USA resident and 7 years look what happen
45. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Never trust government. They do not have your best interests in mind. In a relates story: I stopped my neighbor from burning his tongue from eating hot soup because I was looking through his window.