U.S. sign-up page for the Samsung Galaxy S III up and running
0. phoneArena 04 May 2012, 00:51 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III is due to be launched in the States sometime next month, but exactly when is still unknown; to make sure you beat out your neighbors to grab the device, head to Samsung's sign-up page and leave your email so that the Korean tech firm knows how to reach you...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 102; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
Design matters alot for me.so ill go for htc one x
5. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
The Galaxy S3 was not what I expected it to be. I don't know if it's just me but I somehow find it lacking. I was so hyped for this phone, maybe that's why I got disappointed.
Sure the Galaxy S3 is a beast, benchmark-wise it's literally the fastest droid on the planet. The design is a matter of preference, so I'll hold my tongue on that.
It's just that the Galaxy S3 wasn't what the Galaxy S2 was to the original Galaxy S. It really did feel like an incremental upgrade for me (with the exception of the soc), but maybe that's how Samsung wants it to be.
Anyway, the Galaxy S3 is not on my wishlist anymore. I'm now choosing between the Xperia S and the One X. And the announcement of the Galaxy S3 is actually making me think of the Note too.
6. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
If you wanna wait a little bit longer, I suggest waiting till June when Sony announces the Sony LT29i Hayabusa. It looks like it is one awesome phone.
11. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
You know what? That's actually the new phone I'm anticipating. Even if it's just an Xperia S with an S4 chip I'd go with that, but rumors are saying its a lot more.
Anyway, I'll be getting a smartphone by July (Note, One X, or Xperia S) then I'll just swap it out to a Hayabusa probably when it gets released (I'm guessing November/December) just in time for Christmas :)
13. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Well it's supposed to ship in Europe in July so I'm guessing the U.S. release will be late July - early October. I don't know if I can wait that long though. I'll see what they say in June and see if it gives a time frame for a U.S. release.
14. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Oh and I'm on AT&T, so there also should be a Atrix 3 coming soon.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Same here. But I'm getting the SONY iON or when SONY announce the HAYABUSA phone
2. aooep (Posts: 20; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Pretty prompt on the sign-up page. Like the S3, but still going for the HTC Evo 4g LTE.
3. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Yes let me sign up so I can know asap how U.S. carriers plan on ruining this device.
4. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 102; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
Well htc is giving beats audio,good design,tegra 3,imge sense camera..............samsung is giving everything execpt design..:'(
7. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
At least the phones not a black rectangle. It has a micro-SD card slot up to 64 GB and a removable battery. So, what's not to like. P.S. I like HTC more than Samsung, because I've already been screwed over by Samsung a couple of times. However, the lack of expendable memory (plus only 16gb on AT&T One X) and no removable battery killed the One X for me. I'm looking at the S3 or quite possible the Sony LT29i Hayabusa.
9. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Ok whoever thinks One X looks better is ***. It's basically a thinner evo 4g and there is no inspiration in it. The GSIII is beautiful and it's thin profil makes it so comfortable not to mention the comfortable round edges. Wait till you actually see the phone in real world and you guys can see how sexy it is.
10. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
optimus lte2 has been unleashed with 2gb ram.
12. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yeah, 2GB is nice. Kudos to LG for releasing such a device first. Though like quad-cores, we can't fully utilize such power yet.
15. Lboogey6 (Posts: 266; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
I'm sorry but anyone disappointed is an idiot have you seen what the phone is capable of??? Y'all don't make sense OK no its not what was expected but its features are amazing HTC has nothing on this phone besides "design" I need one feature that's better
16. androidrockzz (Posts: 51; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
True... this phone is THE PHONE.and will be.....