U.S. household spend more and more on Apple gadgets: average sum grows to $444 In 2011
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:16
While Android is easily the world’s most popular operating system with no close competitor in sight, when it comes to the U.S. it’s a much closer tie with Apple…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:22 3
"A recent Reuters article publicized the figure and called out on Americans for paying the ‘Apple tax.’ And while tax might be a bit too strong of a word to describe users’ wilful purchases, the amount spent on Apple products is staggering."
19. PhenomFaz posted on 12 Dec 2012, 21:03 0
No wonder American economy is in shambles...the americans arent making smart purchase decisions anymore!
And yup its Apple tax alright...the way Apple has monopolised its products and services to work only with each other...once you buy one Apple product you have to buy all of them and their services...Apple Tax!
2. eisenbricher posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:22 0
Does this include prices with contract or unlocked? That might change the digits drastically.
4. PapaSmurf posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:30 11
Since 2009, my household has not spent a single dime on any Apple products. Doesn't look like its going to change soon either.
11. murali_v_2000 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 09:13 2
Same here. I won an iPod as a prize and promptly sold it in Craigslist the next day. No place for cApple in my house forever.
16. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 12 Dec 2012, 12:54 1
I'm totally regretting my iP4$ 64GB, never ever will buy any Craple products, tho my young sister has the iP5, everyday I call her baaaaa mbaaaaa i$h€€P, and she goes mad, crazy and feels really so low, well tough! ™®©
17. eisenbricher posted on 12 Dec 2012, 13:39 0
You are too Troll to buy apple products. Don't lie.
14. pookiewood posted on 12 Dec 2012, 09:56 2
Good for them. No Apple products in my house either.
5. husfus posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:36 1
I wonder how many some countries have gross national income less than $444
6. PAPINYC posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:36 1
Why is this story even relevant when we're at the end of 2012; did they use Apple Maps to compile the data (cuz' they're kinda' late).
8. Captain_Doug posted on 12 Dec 2012, 08:18 5
As an average, my household has spent $0 on Apple products for 20+ years.
12. cdgoin posted on 12 Dec 2012, 09:28 2
Was going to say the same thing :)
5 Windows phones (3 WP7, and 2 WP8) and an Android in my household.
no iPods, iPads, etc.. the only iProduct I ever owned was a iPaq from HP
9. Nathan_ingx posted on 12 Dec 2012, 08:28 4
Seems like Americans took, 'an apple a day keeps the doctors away' too literally.
10. wendygarett posted on 12 Dec 2012, 08:38 0
It is not surprise that American buy American product my friend :)
I believe you love your country's product more than the others right??
13. cdgoin posted on 12 Dec 2012, 09:29 3
American product..? Since when is a product engineered in Asia, and built in Asia by Asians an American product ?
15. lzsbleach posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:22 0
Thats one thing apple knows how to do well, making profits. Even if they sell less devices they are still doing good because they make so much money off of each device. Apple is planning ahead and is in it for the long run. I wonder how Google and everyone else will adjust to apples new strategies.
18. amiaq posted on 12 Dec 2012, 15:48 0
Woo! its like majority of americans bought the same type of clothing, cars and furniture either in white or black. Ha! ha! ha! how boring.